TypicalFish

"Apologizing" to the world...

This is an e-mail exchange between a friend and I, I would like to hear some views from different sides to forward back to the mailing list...

Her group e-mail to me:

Hey everyone,

I'm sure some of you have already seen this website, but just in case you haven't, it really helps to alleviate some of those post-election blahs.

www.sorryeverybody.com

It contains THOUSANDS of photos of Americans (well, people who didn't vote for Bush) apologizing to the world for Bush getting re-elected. Eventually tons of
people from countries around the world started posting their photos, too, saying that they accept our apologies "...but don't let it happen again!" in the words of one German guy.

Anyway, it made me feel better knowing that there are people across the US and the world who are as mad and dumbfounded as I am. It's worth passing along to your
other Blue friends and people overseas.

Peace to all during this season.

My response:

Hello, dear... I hope all is well... Just some food for thought... Does it really serve any constructive purpose to tell the rest of the world how "sorry" we are?... Personally, I am as disappointed with the outcome of the election as you are; but, barring some legal challenge or future investigation, we (to put it in Cosa Nostra terms) "got the boss we got" for the next four years... Does it not weaken our position on the world stage to show them how divided we are?... Does it not send a victory message to those who would like to see our country fall from grace in total chaos?... And, at the end of the day, do you believe that the world sees us as anything but "America"; as opposed that those who voted for Bush and those who did not?... Just a slightly different take on it, I would be interested in your views...

Again, hope all is well...

Thoughts?
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Thoughts?

I think its kinda sad really.

People should take the advice of one anti Bush site and "Move on". All they are doing is making the country look even more stupid.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I think that site actually dispels the myth that liberals are the elitist-intellectuals that people say they are... just look at some of the pictures!:P

Really, I think the world could give a shit if Jane from Rhode Island is sorry. Kerry lost. More people voted for Bush, Bush got more electoral votes. Apparently American democracy isn't good enough for these people.

You're right though... it serves no purpose other than to keep everyone divided... I have a feeling that this kinda shit will go on until a democrat is elected... then it'll start all over again.
Oh, hello again!

Really, I think the world could give a shit if Jane from Rhode Island is sorry. Kerry lost. More people voted for Bush, Bush got more electoral votes.

Yep - much as I can't stand the fact that the boob has another 4 years in the office, your statement is the reality of it. I'm much happier (sic) that this time round there was no question who won the election. From my standpoint it was won fair and square and represents the majority of the country and I really don't think anyone can argue otherwise. Doesn't matter that I wish it was another way, that's democracy and someones things aren't gonna turn out the way you'd hoped. That's life :)
Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Well I don't see why the American public should have to apologise for something they aren't personally responsible for. Stick to your opinions and vote for who you want. You don't have to answer to anybody! It's Bush people don't like not American people in general. Speshly the ones who didn't vote for him! Chill!:P:D

I travel quite a bit and being multi-lingual interact with foreigners with great frequency. I never cease to be amazed at how cognizant many foreigners are about US politics in some areas while they are simultaneously ignorant with regards to US politics in other areas.

That being said, many are just aghast at GWB's re-election and cannot fathom how that came to pass. I don't think the conglomeration of apologies on that website will do anything useful - other than perhaps satiate the desire of some Bush-haters to throw another barb at the man.
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!