Darius11

I wonder how much we don’t see.

yes true it was. But even they did not resort to dragging out woman and children as shields!!!!

A huge difference between guerilla and terrorist tactics.

I'm not sure what your opinion on guerillas in general is so please don't take this as a knock at you, but guerillas aren't always bad like people make them out to be. We wouldn't have taken northern iraq had it not been for guerillas. the peshmerga were guerillas, they were kurdish militiants, who followed our special forces teams against the iraqis because we did not have a large number of conventional forces in that part of the country. i've worked with the pesh and they are some of the most dedicated fighters i have ever met.

I don't take it as a knock, you just don't know what side I am on.

I am saying Guerilla tactics are not that bad. They are nothing like terrorist tactics. Comparing the 2 is comparing apples to oranges.

Sniping is a guerilla tactic, and I think we will all agree this is nessesary.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Firstly, you have no idea wether or not that young Marine thought that guy was a threat or not. I'm sick of saying 'you dont know'.

If he thought the guy was a threat is not the issue he might think he is Rambo for all I care. What matters is was the guy a threat or not.

Secondly, I didn't say 'he did the right thing' I said 'he made the right choice'

The right choice being the one that kept him alive, no-one knows the outcome if he hadn't of shot the guy.

Do you think if the guy had a bomb under him they would leave that part out and not mention the guy would have killed them if he were not shot?

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Christopher

What do you call an army who has invaded your country for a reason that does not exist?

How would you feel if this army told you to move out of your home cause there is terrorists in it and they want to bomb it to make sure there all dead?

Also consider the terrorists this army is referring to are fighting this invading army.

Oh yeah.... I forgot!!

Only My Mom and my Sister call me Christopher.
Chris will suffice ;)

Also consider the terrorists this army is referring to are fighting this invading army.

How many Iraqis support this Terrorist army?

All of them? Half of them? The majority?

Answer--- A very small amount. If the whole Iraqi population or even half of it supported these fuckers then no army on this planet could move against them.

Its been proved time and time again, you cant defeat terrorism by force, if the population is behind them. (vietnam anyone, NI for us Brits)

If you dont have the backing of the majority of the people then your not an army, your a terrorist.
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

are men and women out there in a foreign country giving their lives so you can have the life you live

At best you can claim that they are fighting there to give common Iraqi's the freedoms that people in most western countries enjoy.

Iraq wasn't a threat to the freedoms in the US, so I still don't understand how one can claim that they are fighting for the freedoms of Americans?

How many Iraqis support this Terrorist army?

All of them? Half of them? The majority?

He's right I ran into very few people that didn't appreciate me being in their country. It just doesn't look that way because the pissed off iraqis make the better news stories. God forbid any news story would ever talk about acts of bravery and the incredible things that men and women have done over their and how much it is appreciated. that wouldn't be cool
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

are men and women out there in a foreign country giving their lives so you can have the life you live

At best you can claim that they are fighting there to give common Iraqi's the freedoms that people in most western countries enjoy.

Iraq wasn't a threat to the freedoms in the US, so I still don't understand how one can claim that they are fighting for the freedoms of Americans?

Wait til the final report on the Oil-For-Food program comes out and then we'll discuss this point;)

If he thought the guy was a threat is not the issue he might think he is Rambo for all I care. What matters is was the guy a threat or not.

Spoken like a true non-combatant. Its ALL about percieved threat. The one time you don't act, that could be the one time that costs you your life.

Also, if this guys was Rambo, why didn't he kill the other guy in the room? Because he didn't percieve him as a threat, he had his hands in the air in a show of surrender. = no threat.

Do you think if the guy had a bomb under him they would leave that part out and not mention the guy would have killed them if he were not shot?

I dont think anything about wether he had a bomb or not, thats not the issue.

When your driving down the street, and you apply the brakes because some guy looks like he's gonna pull out in front, and then he doesn't, did you make the right choice or the wrong choice?

The answer is, no-one knows, cause they weren't fucking there, and cant possibly know what was going on in your one-track mind.

Take note.

Answer--- A very small amount. If the whole Iraqi population or even half of it supported these fuckers then no army on this planet could move against them.

Now I know you have no clue what your talking about.
How many countries would you like me to name that the people do not want the controlling party but they can't do any thing about it because the other guys have all the guns?

...Spain was scared off by Al Qaeda and went home. [NOTE--THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK- IT IS DOCUMENTED TRUTH]

The people of Spain gave up their voice in this debate when they saw fit to no longer be involved...

Spain withdrew from Iraq because of a change of government and for no other reason

Just remember Spain is still in Afganistan and other hotspots

A RIGHT wing Spanish government has never been afraid of terrorists or afraid to do it's duty to the world

Gone fishing

Now I know you have no clue what your talking about.

I would never claim to have all the answers, but I do claim to know and have expierienced more than you. That much is obvious.

How many countries would you like me to name that the people do not want the controlling party but they can't do any thing about it because the other guys have all the guns?

Dont worry, we'll get to them one day, their on someone's shitlist. (this is a joke by the way)

I hate war, because it makes me have to go away and do things I dont want to do, for the ungrateful.

But hey, I could say NO right??:P

***What do you call an army who has invaded your country for a reason that does not exist?

Uhhh...the way you talk,you make it sound like getting rid of Saddam was a bad thing!I can think of several million Kuwaitis,Kurds,Iraqis and Iranians that would probably disagree with you.......
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

I would never claim to have all the answers, but I do claim to know and have expierienced more than you. That much is obvious.

Have you ever been in a bombing raid?
I have.
Have you ever seen bodies of children in a ruble?
I have
Have you ever spoken up even when there is someone holding an Ak-47 pointed too your head?
I have

Trust me you have no clue about the things I have done and seen.
You have no clue what effect a war has. You go you fight then you come back to your home. You don’t live in the countries you serve in. So please don’t think because you went too boot camp and did a tour your all knowing. The kids who are in Iraq will feel the long-term effects not you.

The only thing your right about is that you have a choice the people in Iraq didn't.

Trust me you have no clue about the things I have done and seen.

I'm sorry, I should been more precise in what I was saying, I meant I have more experience in what that Marine was going through. Which was the orginal topic here.

As for your other points,

Bombing, yes, raid No.

Yes.

No, I got down, bullets hurt. Then I did my job.

I still dont agree with you, but I see why you have such a jaded opion. Rhode Island sounds terrible these days.

What does that have to do with Christian Fundamentalists? My observations have been that they are some of the least Christian people out there.

Maybe "fundamentalist" is an inappropriate term to be used in the negative context in the instances of yours and his posts. I know the big catch word today is Islamic fundamentalist and it has a negative connotation, however, fundamentalism as it relates to Christianity should not be. Christianity at its “fundamental” or elementary level is based on peace, love, and forgiveness. He quoted “eye for an eye” from the Old Testament. Christianity did in fact evolve from Judaism and that is part of its history, however, the “fundamentals of Christianity” are rooted in the New Testament. That’s not to say that the Old Testament is not important. However, a generalization such as his is simply incorrect and I was just pointing that out. Both Judaism and Islam share history that is recorded in the Old Testament and that is their “fundamental” basis. It would be more appropriate to use “fundamentalism” in the negative context in reference to those religions rather than Christianity.

By the way, I didn't start this or bring this up and the post by tkhayes had nothing to do with the topic at hand. It was just an insult to Christianity out of nowhere. Why does that happen so frequently in here? Why does one feel the need to even when unprovoked? [:/]

How dare you accuse a Marine of being a coward, while you sit happily on your @ss at home in front of a computer probably making a decent living, and neglecting your freedoms, there are men and women out there in a foreign country giving their lives so you can have the life you live.

At best that marine unneccesarily wasted a human life, at worst he premeditatedly murdered a human being.
I saw the video, and the Iraqui didn´t seem to pose any threat. He was no threat... Don´t you thing that if he was indeed an insurgent or terrorist or whatever you want to call it, they wouldn´t have gotten in the same video the bomb or the gun or whatever as an alibi for the marine?
In my opinion a brave marine is the one who makes sure that it is necesary to end someone´s life before pulling the trigger. A coward marine is the one that pulls the trigger first and makes a funny remark afterwards.

Yes, i know i may be out of touch with the reality of a war, but i firmly believe we should call things by their name and besides, it was the U.S who started the invasion, so you cannot just play innocent now.

You have been told already that I am spanish, so make no mistake, you are not saving my ass.

If you dont have the backing of the majority of the people then your not an army, your a terrorist.

Strange statement. What does that make the British forces in Iraq?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

God help the man that disrespects one of our countries heroes the way you did while they are in arms reach of me. Because just as I've personally fought to protect that freedom of speech I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take it away, in my own manner.

Is that a threat?

By the way, that marine is not a heroe. If you think he is, it would be you who disrespects all your country heroes.

Strange statement. What does that make the British forces in Iraq?

About the same as the French forces in Chad/ivory coast/Central Africa/Vietnam were.

Lets not turn this into a mud slinging contest.

The initial issue was about that Marine.

As far as I'm concerned - they can't die fast enough. ***

Let me guess and I only say this because it is you. By they do you mean all brown people?

You see I have been sitting here thinking should I even replay to you.
I already ignored one person who I know has a problem with Middle Easterners. To be honest I don’t see you as any different for reasons you already know.

It would be like trying to explain to the leader of the KKK that African Americans are people also.
A mind closed is very hard to open.

The PC-Police strike again.

I meant the RIFWs / TWs / "Brave Soldiers of Allah" [tm] / Jihadists / Sunni thugs / and anybody else who shouldn't have been in that mosque when it was being used as a military defensive position.

Perhaps the guy who was capped was completely innocent, and was being used as a human shield by the RIFWs / TWs / "Brave Soldiers of Allah" [tm] / Jihadists / Sunni thugs / and anybody else who shouldn't have been in that mosque when it was being used as a military defensive position.

Why is it these threads are all about Hitler or the Klan with some people?

mh

About the same as the French forces in Chad/ivory coast/Central Africa/Vietnam were.
Lets not turn this into a mud slinging contest.

I agree with you. But two wrongs still do not make a right. But your definition of a terrorist I believe is flawed. And it also seems that throughout history, one man's terrorism is another man's heroism.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."