Gravitymaster

Iranians Welcome Bush Re-Election

November 7, 2004

SMCCDI News Iranian National Anthem

Iranians welcome massively Bush's re-election
SMCCDI (Information Service)
Nov 3, 2004

Millions of Iranians expressed their satisfaction on the outcome of the US Presidential elections and George W. Bush's victory by calling and congratulating each other. Many were seen walking in the streets and shaking each others hands or showing a discret V sign.

Many are speaking about the promises made by Mr. Bush to back the Iranian Nation in its quest for freedom and democracy.

As Iranians and especially the younger generations have become happy , those affiliated to the Islamic regime are seen deeply worried about their future.

The regime and its US based known apologists and lobbyists had tried hard to make fear to Iranians on the outcome of a Bush win. Money was poured by controversial individuals, such as Akbar Ghahary the treasurer of IAPAC, to money oriented TV and radio networks, such as, 670 AM, Tamasha TV, Melli TV and a specific program of Apadana TV hosted by an ideologist named Faramarz Foroozandeh.

But all these desperate tries were not able to lure the Iranians of inside and nor especially the members of the Diaspora.

Witnessing such fiasco, the Islamic regime tried hard to bring the few thousands of professional demonstrators for its organized celebration of the 1979 attack against the US Embassy in Tehran. It's to note that the Iranian Capital has over 12 millions of inhabitants and that the today's official commemoration of one of the main Islamist act of terror ecountered another massive popular rejection.

http://www.daneshjoo.org/smccdinews/article/publish/article_4319.shtml

That's a very credible news source you've found there. Iranians are probably thrilled they are next on Bush's hit list of countries to illegally invade.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

That's a very credible news source you've found there. Iranians are probably thrilled they are next on Bush's hit list of countries to illegally invade.

Too bad Liberals don't support the student movement for Democracy in Iran. This type of group in critical to the overthrow of the represive regime in Iran. Oh, I almost forgot, Liberals supported Saddam's Regime also.

Iran is a very unusual situation. For years their gov't did not stop people from having access to information from around the world. Satellite dishes were very common, until recently when they have tried to enforce a long-standing ban on such things. But it is too late. There are Iranian ex-patriots that operate satellite TV stations from LA specifically for the Iranian audience, with a decidedly pro-western, pro-freedom outlook. I think there are about 3 such stations.

There were very large demonstrations (edit-in support of the US) in at least 3 major cities in Iran the day after 9/11. It all goes to show that a free press can do wonders.

Again, Iran is a very special, but in some ways very encouraging, situation.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I have a friend from Iran (he always says Persia) who wants to see the government ovethrown. So there's at least one who would be thrilled to see the USA topple the current regime.

Bush's hit list of countries to illegally invade.

Well Bush hasn't illegally invaded any countries yet. Nice try, though. I'm sure we'll hear about it when he does illegally invade a country because of the impeachment and all that would follow such a crime.

Forty-two

But Kofi Anon thinks it was illegal, doesn't he? Isn't that enough to know in order to determine what is right?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Too bad Liberals don't support the student movement for Democracy in Iran. This type of group in critical to the overthrow of the represive regime in Iran. Oh, I almost forgot, Liberals supported Saddam's Regime also.

Huh? Going to the Tuna school of posts now?

BTW - the Democracy movement there is well beyond just the students now. Last I heard, those that wanted democracy now outnumber the rest. I've said quite a few times that we should just leave Iran to itself because it will eventually become democratic in time.

Last I heard, those that wanted democracy now outnumber the rest.

If only they had democracy.

The religious minority have the power and do everything possible to keep the liberals quiet and out of power. You know, just like here in this country.

Well Bush hasn't illegally invaded any countries yet. Nice try, though. I'm sure we'll hear about it when he does illegally invade a country because of the impeachment and all that would follow such a crime.

Tuna, your philosophy seems to be that if you don't get caught and prosecuted for a crime you haven't comitted it. Is that right?

Tuna, your philosophy seems to be that if you don't get caught and prosecuted for a crime you haven't comitted it. Is that right?
-----------------------------------------------------------

I knew they (the left) would not leave that one alone. I guess until we get down on our knees and worship the corrupt world order as envisioned by the UN, we (the US) will be a criminal.

Dam, they (the left) are so much smarter that us (the right) Maybe some day we will drink of their cool aid and come to understanding:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

PBS - Nova - Had a great documentry on a newspaper in Iran, that is basically run by a group of 20 somethings that embrace western phylosipies and crave freedom. The editor has been jailed numerous times and the newspaper remains open, because of the public outcry if it ever was to close. The Iranians are a very intelligent and advanced society who could move into freedom much easier than a country such as Iraq. I pray that the public support for freedom which is rapant leads to a free society without the horrors of war.

P.S.
Religious minority in U.S.?

Over 75% of the U.S. population claims to be Christian. What would the minority be that you were descibing, Muslims, Jews, Budist, Hari Chrishnas?

just like here in this country.

That would be the 51% minority, right?

J

So you are saying that the 59 million that voted for Bush are ALL conservative religious types? I can name at least one person that voted for Bush that is agnostic and supports pro-choice.

When I said minority - I was talking about those in charge that use the bible over the constitution to run this country. The bible does not accurately represent everyone in this country, nor does everyone live by its rules.

This is very similar to what has been happening in Iran for years.

BTW - as a reminder: Seperation of church/state was put in place to protect the State from influence of the church, not the other way around.

What would the minority be that you were descibing,

I was responding to CBS's comment:

The religious minority have the power and do everything possible to keep the liberals quiet and out of power. You know, just like here in this country.

Which seems to suggest that the 51% that made up Bush's victory was somehow a religious minority...

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

So you are saying that the 59 million that voted for Bush are ALL conservative religious types? I can name at least one person that voted for Bush that is agnostic and supports pro-choice.

When I said minority - I was talking about those in charge that use the bible over the constitution to run this country. The bible does not accurately represent everyone in this country, nor does everyone live by its rules.

No, I'm not suggesting that all 59 million are religiously motivated voters. Are you suggesting that all 59 million are controled by the religiously motivated, or that there is a vast religious consiracy to keep Dems down?

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

It's the liberal philosophy to make ludicrous allegations. According to the Libs Bush is the second coming of Hitler.

The false allegations and mass conspiracy theories have become a staple of the democratic party.

Forty-two

Actually you’re right.
There is a huge population of Iranians in California and most of them were very happy and voted for President Bush.
I actually got in to a heated discussion with one of my friends that was all so excited about the presidents reelection. He was happy for the reasons you mentioned I was pissed because I think it is selfish to want War on your own countrymen just so you can go back home to your house and family.

Please remember lots of Iranians (not including my self) live very lavish life style in Los Angels a big percentage of Beverly Hill is owned by Iranians. I just think it is fucked for them to sit on their ass in this country free as a bird but then want War for the poor people who are home.

Do I want my country to be free yes.
Am I willing to risk thousands of lives wile I am sitting on my ass enjoying every thing this great nation(The USA) has too offer No.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I just think it is fucked for them to sit on their ass in this country free as a bird but then want War for the poor people who are home.

Do I want my country to be free yes.
Am I willing to risk thousands of lives wile I am sitting on my ass enjoying every thing this great nation(The USA) has too offer No.

I don't think it's about wanting war, it's that war is the only apparent means to freedom, most other options are just wishful thinking.

Do the people in Iran want 'freedom' and do they have the means to secure it?

It's very easy to sit here and say "No War" but sitting here living the good life protesting intervention while people in Iran are governed by a minority of religeous zealots is a cop out. Inaction has consequences too and the situation may be deteriorating.

I know that if it was Scotland that was run by some despotic theocracy building nukes and rattling sabres at the USA I'd want the USA to go in and impose democracy before it was too late. It has nothing to do with wanting war, it has to do with wanting freedom & stability in the long term.

No, I'm not suggesting that all 59 million are religiously motivated voters. Are you suggesting that all 59 million are controled by the religiously motivated, or that there is a vast religious consiracy to keep Dems down?
J

No, I don't believe the majority of the 59 million that voted for him are religiously motivated. However, they are now being represented by someone that is. I'm pretty certain that all of them do not support faith based decisions for the direction of this country.

My county voted 70% in favor of Kerry, and have liberal point of views or favor the economy over foreign affairs. However, they are now being represented by a religious minority that now holds power.

If the people in Iran want freedom they will fight for freedom.
Many including my self left the country when we were very young I came here when I was in the 2nd grade and went back to Iran when I was 16 when the Iran and Iraq war had ended.

It is not your choice or mine. I think is arrogant to sit here and decide a reasonable body count when it’s not your body I think that is a cop out. If you feel that strongly about it go back home and fight.
What you might not understand is there is a very strong movement that want the prince to return. Them and the Mojahadena Khalgh are the governments biggest opponent. I don’t want either one of these groups to have power in Iran they are no different then the current regime they just kill a different group of people and have there own rules.

A revolution must occur from within. It is the only way it will truly work.

I don’t want a King, I don’t want another dictator.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain