tunaplanet

2004 Presidential Election Thread

Oh men, you got to see Rather...he is still insisting that "Kerry can still come from behind and win".:D:D:D

I am having a blast seeing him whinning...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Only one state

That is one too many.[:/]

Calling people who have reasoned objections to your views unpatriotic is just bizarre, and disgusting.

Having the opinion and expressing it is a given right in this country and I support their right to have a disenting point of view.

However. Force feeding their sense of morality, religion, and pious rhetoric so someone is denied a right the rest of the country has?

How about liberals force feeding their sense of immorality on everyone?! I for one am SICK of it.

Come on people. Leave the issue debates for other threads.

This one is for following the election. Give the grandstanding a break for just a little while, huh?

Tuna, Bo, Gravity, Frenchy, new guys, can we hold off for a while?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

No it's not, there's irrefutable data on reproduction and serious concerns on issues like child adoption, and the redefinition of language for the sake of political correctness and false affirmation. Equating this to slavery is sleazy and contemtible.

There is that term "political correctness" something that gets tossed out there when someone is showing they are afraid of their own opinion on something. A red flag for a closed mind.

Paradigm. Look up the definition of that word. We need to change the paradigm around marriage. It has nothing to do with reproduction or marriage. That is what religion tells you what it is all about. So, which religion gets to make that choice? There isn't one religion that represents EVERY American, therefore you cannot use just one to force that choice upon the country.

No. It is very fair comparing it to slavery. You had a bunch of ignorant, fat men that didn't want to pay for labor or do a real day of work. Plus, their African slaves became objects to them and they argued that slaves couldn't be educated, could pass on disease, and a thousand other ill-formed ignorant opinions. That paradigm was forced upon the public and it rapidly became alright to think about it ok by the masses. I'm sure the cotton famers claimed that Lincoln was just being politically correct by trying to free the slaves and to give them rights the rest of the country had. Just like with women - how many years were they not allowed to vote and how many men claimed that people were just trying to be politically correct by giving them the voting right men had.

Nope.

If GWB takes Ohio AND Alaska that only gives him . . . holy fuck . . .269.

OMG . . . could it be possible?

Doesn't matter Paul - if it is tied, it will still be Bush.

COnsidering that AK is right now 62% for GWB, at 80% tally, and that you forgotten NM.......is more than that 269 you are stating.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Yeah, I'm just fuckin' with ya. I just wanted to bring bad the wacky Bush/Edwards scenario -- it doens't look like that could happen either though.

The race IS down to Ohio and it looks pretty bad there for Kerry.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Pretty lame reasoning. Using this line of thinking, we should only allow skydivers who currently use a cypres to vote.

Wrong. It would amount to all skydivers voting. The whole community. Let them decide. What is it to you?
:S

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Carville is on CNN conceding.....

He said it was too late in the night to spin.

The numbers in OH just got updated, and its now within 100k votes - Kerry just closed it. However, I will admit it is still looking good for Bush.

There is that term "political correctness" something that gets tossed out there when someone is showing they are afraid of their own opinion on something. A red flag for a closed mind.

I'm not at all affraid of my opinion, I'm posting it. Deal with the arguments instead of name calling. Try reading George Orwell's "1984" with your own mind open if you're interested in more than merely name calling around the issues of PC. What you have done in trying to redefine marriage and calling people who don't agree with you unpatriotic is *profoundly* Orwellian as you'll see if you read that book. Fortunately we have the ballot box instead of a boot stomping on a face. You don't like the result this time around but you could try to graduate to persuasion instead of name calling and in the long term you may change minds and win the debate.