cvfd1399

Tragedy (funny)

If you have already seen it leave now I don't care to hear about it I thought it was funny to those that have yet to read it.

John Kerry visits a primary school and sits in on one of the classes, which is in the middle of a discussion on words and their meaning. The
teacher asks Mr. Kerry if he would like to lead the discussion of the word "tragedy."

So, the illustrious senator asks the class for an example of a "tragedy." One little boy stands up and offers: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a runaway tractor comes
along and knocks him dead, that would be a tragedy."

"That's wrong," Kerry shouts. "That would be considered an accident."

A little girl raises her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"You are completely incorrect," shouts the senator. "That would be what we would consider a great loss."

The room goes silent. No other children volunteer. Kerry searches the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?" Finally, at the back of the room, a small boy raises his
hand. In a quiet voice, he says, "If a plane carrying the Senator John Kerry were struck by a missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaims Kerry. "You are absolutely right. Can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss, and it probably wouldn't be an accident!":D:D

While I'm not sure I agree with your choice of subject for the joke ;), it was funny :D. But s'OK, I'm good at realtime substitutions.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm good at realtime substitutions.

and apparently so are plagiarist jokesters... why do the same tired jokes come up every election with new subjects..... It was funny the first time, when it was Carter iirc... after that it simply shows a lack of original thought....

most people dont laugh at the same joke when its repeated for the 50th time, even if you change the name of the subject..... but i guess if your memory is only a week long lots of things are funny again and again...

bet you can hide your own easter eggs too ;)