peacefuljeffrey

We need a GUN thread: What are you gonna buy when the AWB expires?

Though this could be considered "hijacking" the thread (as it was in reference to the AWB), what is the feeling of revolver vs. auto? Care to share your preferences and reasons for them?

Even though I'm a big fan of simplicity of form and function, I prefer autos.

I think that for the most part, the ergonomics of revolver grips are not as good as most autos. It seems to me that progress has been sort of forsaken when it comes to revolver grips -- not the material, because they have some good grippy, recoil-absorbent stuff, but the shape of them. They're kind of an archaic shape. Autos, on the other hand, seem to be built from the ground up to have good, comfortable grips. Also, revolvers tend to be top-heavy, since the ammo is held above the grip hand, unlike down in the grip for autos. The sight picture on a revolver is sooo far above the typical auto's sight picture, too.

People talk about revolvers being more reliable, but I (not being an expert, mind you) feel that apart from feeding issues (stoppages in autos), there are just as many crucial things that can break in a revolver and leave it useless. Don't let the solid look of its frame fool you: inside a revolver are all kinds of pins and springs that are not 100% break-proof.

That said, I still do want a .44 mag.

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Jeffery. All revolvers do that but there may be an issue like you say, I dont know. I think you need to look at how you grip it. Be very carefull where you put your left hand when shooting a revolver, people have lost fingers shooting the SW .50.

EWWWW! That SUCKS!

Oh, trust me, I don't grip anywhere near the cylinder. I have my dominant right hand on the grip, and I cup the left hand around the lower front of the right (index and middle finger over the pinkie and ring finger of the right hand) for stability. Nothing is near the cylinder.

I was convinced that there's a mechanical deficiency when the range operator examined the gun, dry fired it, held the trigger down, and was able to wiggle the cylinder to another chamber! He said that is not good. The cylinder should remain locked until the trigger is released, according to him. In fact, on most of the chambers, it does. I have not yet identified whether there is a specific one that goes free. If there is, I will point it out to the warranty service people at Taurus. Maybe the cylinder simply is defective, not machined right, and needs replacement. I just have to get my butt down to Miami sometime (but I suppose I'll call first to verify that I can bring a gun in to them in person.)

-

Taurus has a lifetime warrantee. Call them they should make it right.

I wanna get a colt 1911 when i move to the US. And a colt python too, with the 8 inch barrel i think.

God bless guns

Please dont become a Colt snob!;)

There are plenty of 1911s out there; Springfield Armory, Kimber, Dan Wesson to name a few. Colt is highly overrated IMHO. Taurus and Ruger make good revolvers also. You pay a lot of money for that little pony.

I see alot of you whant high cap. mags. Well I have three for my Glock 22 .40. But hey for the right price I'd be willing to let them go. I don't think I need the extra rounds anyway, if I can't hit what I'm shooting at in the first ten shots then I've no business shooting to begin with.

Death is so permanant, and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment.

Just some larger-capacity magazines, if larger capacity magazines become available. I am hoping to be able to afford to buy a Ruger PC9 (9mm carbine) to put them in. I heard these are a good balance of cost and quality, for practical self-defense use in a suburban neigborhood. I'd be taking a course in gun use and safety. I don't think its enough to just have the tools; one needs to learn and practice how to use one's tools safely and effectively.

Of course, I'd really like a fully automatic weapon. I recently upgraded from a push-type rotary lawnmower to a self-propelled rotary lawnmower. I don't know why I waited so long. It is just so much easier to mow my lawn now.

Jeffrey -- he's entitled to his opinion and entitled to voice it.

It's the price you pay for being able to do the same.

sometimes i wonder if the con's outweight the pro's in this whole "freedom of speech" belief.

Oh and Jeffrey, just so you know ->;):P:)

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I don't know what disposable income I'll have come September 13, when the "asault-weapons ban" expires, and all that "banned" stuff becomes legal to manufacture and sell and buy again, but I'm already workin' on a wish-list.

I want an AR-10 (.308 cal) with all the doodads that my Match Target HBAR cannot have.

I want a bunch of full-cap magazines for my Glock 27 (what do the 22s hold, fifteen or thirteen rounds?) and some of the very high cap 30-someodd rounders as well

What do you plan to get that you can't legally get until the ban sunsets?

And if you're anti-gun, keep outta this. I'm not looking for a thread hijack telling us why having this stuff is wrong or bad. Make your own thread if you wanna discuss that.

Blue skies,
-

Dont spend money on that newfangled crap, they dont make 'em like they used to.

Get a Tommy Gun...Thompson automatic with a drum magazine

http://www.nfatoys.com/tsmg/

I don't know what disposable income I'll have come September 13, when the "asault-weapons ban" expires, and all that "banned" stuff becomes legal to manufacture and sell and buy again, but I'm already workin' on a wish-list.

I want an AR-10 (.308 cal) with all the doodads that my Match Target HBAR cannot have.

I want a bunch of full-cap magazines for my Glock 27 (what do the 22s hold, fifteen or thirteen rounds?) and some of the very high cap 30-someodd rounders as well

What do you plan to get that you can't legally get until the ban sunsets?

And if you're anti-gun, keep outta this. I'm not looking for a thread hijack telling us why having this stuff is wrong or bad. Make your own thread if you wanna discuss that.

Blue skies,
-

Dont spend money on that newfangled crap, they dont make 'em like they used to.

Get a Tommy Gun...Thompson automatic with a drum magazine

http://www.nfatoys.com/tsmg/

Do you have ANY idea how much a transferable Thompson costs? Try 14,000 dollars and up. The drum mags cost more than most semi auto rifles.
The cheapest machine gun you can buy is an M11/9 for about 2500 bucks.

I've got an Armalite .223 but would love to get an AR-180 (.308). Also, having recently shot a friend's AK47 and MP5 (semi-auto) I wouldn't mind having them. Except of course for the cost of the MP5 which are ungodly expensive these days. and some hi cap mags for my HK USP .45.