cocheese

Not bitchin about dues/jump cost.

Just got the July issue of Parachutist. The letters on page 11....."Looking for a helping hand" and "Lowering membership dues" These guys kill me... whinning about how people who make less than 100 jumps a year should pay less... and he wants a reduced rate option for receiving the magazine just a few times a year. Ha
And the other guy whinning how about the cost of training and coaching etc.
and can't jump with anyone.
No sympathy here.Sorry. end of rant.

No sympathy here.Sorry. end of rant.

Agreed. Though, if given the option, I would take the opportunity to lower my dues and go without Parachutist. Skydiving, in my opinion, is a much better magazine.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I just want the option to not get two magazines sent to our house, one for me, one for my wife. Waste of paper. :)

Yea that seems like a valid complaint. How about giving the mag to someone else or keeping one copy in the car and one at home ?
I do think the mag has some great pics and sometimes important info. I keep a copy in the car so i have all the phone number to all the uspa dz's. If i ever need help.... what a list a friends in the back of the mag. " Um . i'm a skydiver stuck out on 1 75. I'm buying beer and a jump for whomever can pick me up ." Bam here comes a truck load of skydivers.

When we are out of town, we have the option of donating our newspaper to a local school. I wonder if we could do the same thing with out extra Parachitist? We currently get two Parachutists and two Skydivings every month...and I would love to spread knowledge of our sport to local high school students...

Just a thought

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

I just want the option to not get two magazines sent to our house, one for me, one for my wife. Waste of paper. :)

Maybe you could apply to be a Group Member. :ph34r:

Do you guys have the option of joint USPA membership? Here in the UK married couples / cohabiting partners get a discount for joint BPA membership (still hellishly expensive, though :() - and just one magazine per household.

When we are out of town, we have the option of donating our newspaper to a local school. I wonder if we could do the same thing with out extra Parachitist? We currently get two Parachutists and two Skydivings every month...and I would love to spread knowledge of our sport to local high school students...

Just a thought

I don't know because I'm single. Thats a question you may want to direct to a current BOD on the new Elections forum.

Just got the July issue of Parachutist. The letters on page 11....."Looking for a helping hand" and "Lowering membership dues" These guys kill me... whinning about how people who make less than 100 jumps a year should pay less...

Isn't the average (mean) well under 100 jumps per year? And thanks to the hard core types doing thousands, the median is even lower.

Guestimates based on 3mil total jumps, including tandems and short timer AFFs, by 35,000 members. Gives me ballpark of 70 for mean, 50-60 for median.

Do you guys have the option of joint USPA membership? Here in the UK married couples / cohabiting partners get a discount for joint BPA membership (still hellishly expensive, though :() - and just one magazine per household.

I asked, and was told that wasn't an option. Mabye once they get their computer system upgrade finished. ;)

Christ ! I would just like to get the damn magazine. The last two months have not been sent. Called USPA, they resent the June issue about two weeks ago, still not here, the July issue has not arrived.

Called USPA again today, person tells me that the July issue shipped on 15 Jun and to give the mail 30 days for delivery.

If I lived in Australia or Hawaii I might understand waiting 30 days, but I live in Virginia. I am considering asking USPA to not send the magazine at all, this way since I won't be expecting the magazine I won't be irritated when it does not arrive. :P

Just a thought

I don't even read mine...I just take it to the gym I work out at and drop it off in the magazine rack.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron, C'mon. It's not that bad. Cool article about Luigi Cani and his VX 39 jumps in this months's issue.
There is always something you can learn in every issue. Even if it's just finding out what your friends or other people around the world have been doing.
I look at the pics a lot too.

Ron, C'mon. It's not that bad. Cool article about Luigi Cani and his VX 39 jumps in this months's issue.

There is always something you can learn in every issue. Even if it's just finding out what your friends or other people around the world have been doing.
I look at the pics a lot too.

I already knew about Luigi landing the 39...as I am sure you did also, and everyone else on these boards....Plus living on a large DZ in FL we get info faster than Skydiving Mag, and Skydiving puts out the info muchg faster than Parachutist.

It's got nice pics, but its not worth the 49.00 a year to get it.

They do say that it is the "worlds most widely read skydiving publication"....

UH no. They are the most widley distributed mag, but they include in the numbers the extra ones they send to the same household...Since you can't be a member without the mag they get to increase the circulation numbers. They will never allow you to be a member (Which you HAVE to be to jump at most large DZ's, otherwise people whould NOT be members) without the mag cause they don't want to lose the circulation numbers.

It is the best thing the USPA does...and thats not saying a lot.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334