kallend

More rights trampled?

I hang with a terrorist! Her name is Chris. She's not Muslim, but she can't renew her driver's license due to the Patriot Act

I feel sorry that Chris is having problems, but can't you see why she is being made to show original documents to get official identification? Get real. It's to stop identity theft which can lead to a know terrorist moving throughout the country freely. No one has accused her of being a terrorist but the law applies to everyone equally. We will all have to sacrifice in order to make the country safer. Maybe we could just require this of Arabs, or Muslims, or liberals. Would that make you happier?

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

And I gave up my model rocket summer program

Here we go with the toy rockets again. Good thing you weren't around during the rationing of WWII. You would be in tears.

Here we go with the toy rockets again. Good thing you weren't around during the rationing of WWII. You would be in tears.

I am older than you seem to think. I have seen real shortages, as opposed to fabricated risks that serve only cosmetic purposes.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I thought conservatives were fundamentally in favor of individual rights and against expansion of state power.

I guess I was wrong all along. You are only in favor of your own rights and don't care a rat's ass if the government tramples all over other people.

dude...

I DID show original documents.

I showed my:
ORIGINAL passport
ORIGINAL drivers license
ORIGINAL Fire department ID
ORIGINAL library card

and

OFFICIAL birth certificate

what more could I have done?

Don't confuse him with facts.

dude...

I DID show original documents.

I showed my:
ORIGINAL passport
ORIGINAL drivers license
ORIGINAL Fire department ID
ORIGINAL library card

and

what more could I have done?

You don't carry your dental records around with you? What do you expect then, terrorist! :P

The law requires an ORIGINAL birth certificate which is the basis for all of the other ORIGINAL documents you showed. The birth certificate is the foundation. If you fake a birth certificate you can get all of that other identification. Originals are the hardest to fake.

I have my official birth certificate issued to me by the court, with the appropriate seal. what else am I supposed to do?

and what about the millions of folks who've had their original birth certificate lost or destroyed and are walking around with official copies?

And the Patriot act doesn't say anything about needing someone's original birth certificate. It does mention the information sharing (section 701). What I'm running into is not law, its policy.

"Here we go with the toy rockets again. Good thing you weren't around during the rationing of WWII."

Ummm, I don't think their were too many toy rocket enthusiasts around during WWII.
Well, not outside Peenemunde anyways.;)B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

The law requires an ORIGINAL birth certificate which is the basis for all of the other ORIGINAL documents you showed. The birth certificate is the foundation. If you fake a birth certificate you can get all of that other identification. Originals are the hardest to fake.

I've never heard of needing an ORIGINAL birth certificate. I just went and got a passport with my driver's license and the OFFICIAL birth certificate COPY that I received from the state.

"Here we go with the toy rockets again. Good thing you weren't around during the rationing of WWII."

Ummm, I don't think their were too many toy rocket enthusiasts around during WWII.
Well, not outside Peenemunde anyways.;)B|

Here's a picture of a guy with his toy rocket.

www.v2rocket.com/start/chapters/vb-007.jpg

His name is Werner von Braun

Shame on you professor, his name is Wernher, with an H.B|

Point being, virtually any one with even a passing interest in rockets would not have been 'playing with toys' during WWII....:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Shame on you professor, his name is Wernher, with an H.B|

Point being, virtually any one with even a passing interest in rockets would not have been 'playing with toys' during WWII....:)

Point being, that playing with toy rockets started any number of great careers in science and engineering. But no more, if the administration has its way.

And I gave up my model rocket summer program for getting inner city kids interested in math and science.

For real? That's a shame. Were you 'told' to give it up? Or just paranoid about that you'd be in someone's investigative cross hairs due to the Patriot Act? real question

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

And I gave up my model rocket summer program for getting inner city kids interested in math and science.

For real? That's a shame. Were you 'told' to give it up? Or just paranoid about that you'd be in someone's investigative cross hairs due to the Patriot Act? real question

Neither - it just became increasingly difficult to get supplies. Several of the major manufacturers and distributers went out of business due to increasing regulation from BATFE, those wonderful people that brought us WACO. Prices soared.

I have no desire to install a Class something or other magazine so many feet from the dwelling, get fingerprinted by the FBI and sign a release saying they can search my home without a warrant any time they please, pay a $200 fee to BATFE, just so I can teach a class.

At some point people just decide it isn't worth the hassle any more.

[Neither - it just became increasingly difficult to get supplies. Several of the major manufacturers and distributers went out of business due to increasing regulation from BATFE, those wonderful people that brought us WACO. Prices soared.
At some point people just decide it isn't worth the hassle any more.

Too bad, so many potentially good minds not getting into math and science, that's sad.[:/]

Even those that eventually get into college will waste it on liberal arts degrees, now. ;)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>The law requires an ORIGINAL birth certificate which is the basis for all
> of the other ORIGINAL documents you showed.

When there's a fire in a county building, do we send all the people whose birth certificates burned to Canada?

>The law requires an ORIGINAL birth certificate which is the basis for all
> of the other ORIGINAL documents you showed.

When there's a fire in a county building, do we send all the people whose birth certificates burned to Canada?

We dont want all your terrorists, thank you very much.:P
Remster

>We dont want all your terrorists, thank you very much.

Oh, something tells me you'd want Chris, even if she is a terrorist. (Although you might have to contend with a certain other terrorist who has been known to burn american clowns.)

hehe...

Bill, my name is spelled with a K, not a Ch.

-Kris

Hmmm, a "K"! Goes right along with Komrade, Amerika, Kapitalist...

You are klearly suspicious.