TypicalFish

Distill it down; who will win?

Kerry, Bush, Nader, who?

Let's eliminate the rhetoric for a moment; name who you think will win the presidential election, and why. Or, as an option, why he should win. THE WHY CAN ONLY BE THREE SENTENCES. Should be an interesting exercise; like the "elevator pitch".
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Kerry.

Bush has drastically increased the defecit.
Bush has taken us to war against a nation who didn't attack us.
Bush has declared war on the separation between church and state.

no way in hell I'd vote for Bush, so Kerry is the only other option, because no independent is going to win this race.

Bush

The American public in the end tends to keep the current administration during war time. A Catholic democrat from the northeast with the exception of Kennedy tend to have a hard time getting key states.

P.S. this does not necessarily represent who I would like to see win, but rather what I think will happen
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

The last Bush seemed to have problems getting reelected on a War ticket.

I think its going to have a nationwide vote difference of less then 100000. At this point I think Bush will win, but only because Kerry keeps shooting himself in the mouth every time he opens it. If something happens that makes Bush look bad to the public or if Kerry suddenly becomes a better speaker... I would say Kerry will get more popular votes, but Bush will win since Nader will split the vote in key states.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yea, but we weren't actively in a war, or a military situation, during Bush Sr./Clinton election.

Also to reinforce your second point. Clinton was an amazing campainer where as Kerry is not.

Three months ago it would have been Bush, hands down. Now? It seems like they can't screw up fast enough, and a few people (Cheney, Rumsfeld) seem headed towards a meltdown. I think it will be tight. It is certainly not "who will make the better president" but rather "who will do less damage"; a choice between the lesser of two evils.

You didn't pick who you think is going to win the election.:P

In the end who do you think will win?

C'mon, stick with the original intent of the post; one choice, three lines. The rhetoric was what I was trying to do away with. A famous industrialist (I can't remember which one) once said that if your product can't be compellingly sold in three sentences, there is something wrong with it (I paraphrase). So let's hear it.

You want no rhetoric, but you want people to say why one should win?

my answer: Bush; close in popular votes, but winning electorals by more than against Gore - Kerry won't get the swing states.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Bush will win in a tight election.

1) Anyone who actually reads sKerry's plan for the economy can't possibly vote for him unless they truly hate America.
2) The democrats can't suppress the good economic news for much longer (we hope).
3) Republicans are holding a few aces up their sleeves PR-wise until the election kicks into gear.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

You want no rhetoric, but you want people to say why one should win?

my answer: Bush; close in popular votes, but winning electorals by more than against Gore - Kerry won't get the swing states.

EXACTLY. No arguments, no chest beating, just stand up and state your position.

> Then who do you think should, and why?

I think Kerry should win. The damage he will do to the economy is less than the damage Bush will do to the rest of the world and our security and basic rights here at home. One of the good things about Kerry is that he will be facing a republican senate; a balanced executive and legislative branch gets less done, and a government that can't easily pass new legislation, new restrictions, new taxes etc is a good thing.

> Of course, if I were to post who should win, I'd have to tell you about Michael Badnarik.

I'll agree with you there. There is a lot I don't agree with on the libertarian platform, but he is a good guy, is barely a politician, and would bring some new ideas to the white house. It's unfortunate that, throughout 90% of our history, the choice is essentially between two career politicians.

It's unfortunate that, throughout 90% of our history, the choice is essentially between two career politicians.

That begs the question, whose fault is that?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Bush will win in a tight election.

1) Anyone who actually reads sKerry's plan for the economy can't possibly vote for him unless they truly hate America.
2) The democrats can't suppress the good economic news for much longer (we hope).
3) Republicans are holding a few aces up their sleeves PR-wise until the election kicks into gear.

:)

1) I read Kerry's plan and will vote for him. I don't hate America. And you wonder why people label you as a hard core right winger.

2) What democrat is suppressing good economic news. I read good and bad economic news every day.

3) I'm sure they will be very substantive PR moves such as saying people who support Kerry hate America. And people who oppose the war support terrorism.

Who will win? I agree it will be tight but I think Kerry. I think folks are getting tired of the secrecy and deception of this administration, their fiscal irresponsibility and the erosion of our civil liberties. Oh, and now we appear to be back to the "terrorism" explanation for us going to war against Iraq. :P

Who *should* win? The Budweiser horse. :S

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon