Deafskyspeed

DWR 2007

how many do we have so far???......

1. Fred Goebel
2. Billy Vance
3. John Woo
4. Alan Thompson

Not many of us post on here. I don't think I'm going to be able to attend this one. :(

I am not even in the planning loop with John and Fred. They are doing everything themselves. I have too much to do at home these days. I am gonna miss you guys this time though.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

3 Norway, 2 Japan, 1 Brits, 8 USA and about 10 on the list. After we accomplish the records. We will have the big load with the hearing ( SISO ) Silent inside and Sound outside on the base B| Sorry the hearing cant talk in the air but we can and we can talk with the food in our mouths:D Freefall Freddie ;)

3 Norway, 2 Japan, 1 Brits, 8 USA and about 10 on the list.

Three Deaf Norwegians??? I know Mads Moriggi jumped with us last time but who the hell are the other two??? We need their info for our website. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sorry, I'm unable to make it on Labor Day week. I tho it's in summer around July or something as usually. So it's family days. So next year, :)

I don't think the dates have been announced or confirmed yet. I've been told several possibilities ranging from Labor Day weekend to the last weekend in October.

Fred, make a decision and announce it soon. People got to make their travel plans soon.

Kitty, :( you will marry this year? Hope your friends... not you! ..next events 2009 ? Hope not you get a preg with a lot of kitties........ :S lot of milks !!! ;) Hope see ya at any DZ soon. :)

I think she meant that she's involved in a wedding, like as a bridesmaid. :P

Seem there will not have lot of deaf this year. [:/]

They're seriously missing my ability to recruit and communicate with the group... :P But seriously, I just don't have the time to be involved, nor do I have the currency in recent jumps (only 3 jumps made this year)... [:/]

But that's not the only reason. Others can't attend for personal reasons. I suspect some of the European skydivers felt like the next DWR would be in Europe. Even I said it at the last DWR. Others are too busy in their lives or have events going on that conflict with DWR. Mike Sweet's having a wedding this fall around that time, and Cat is participating in a friend's wedding. Others in the past have not jumped lately.

You should still try to go anyway. Every DWR has had at least a couple of deaf skydivers that had little experience and did not jump on the records, but still appreciated being around a lot of deaf skydivers. Many of them ended up being a record holder at the next event. :)
Next time though, my little girl will be big enough that I can get out and jump a bit more, that is, unless we have another kid. :P

Maybe not many this year cuz of 2 hurts , 2 wedding, 3 brits not coming till we show up there. 3 new divers will be here. 2 new from other country. We will have about 12 and plus not hear from others. I belive there will be a lot of Tandems jumps cuz of my annoucments in the deaf commumity. I belive there will be more deaf intrest in that sport in the future. We will have the discount jump's ticket for us and the hearing. Hope it will help us out cuz of the fuels..... :S We not Bull cuz they wear the ear's plugs ! :ph34r: Fred

I almost take my 2 deafs friends for tandem couple weeks ago. But they had conflict trip plans.

By the way, Fred, did you get me e-mail for new profile on deafskydivers.org?

You send profile info to John Woo or me. Right now it's me, since John is in the middle of a month-long vacation to his birthplace of China. :)

I plan to be there.. but I won't be jumping...as for DWR in Europe.. nice idea but it would help if we all flew same airline and instead of everyone buying a ticket for them self we do a group buy say? 10 or 15 people. you can get a cheaper rate that way...

Huh! Nope I dint get your email and some have tried to email me. Dunno ..Not shown on my spam block. We will update you and others profile on our website. I got about 10 who want to learn skydive. I belive the deaf community help us a lot cuz the hearing magzines or papers not help much cuz they are not membership. I will publish more in Deaf networks, Deaf newspapers, and others. You can spread the words in your diffrent groups. About 15,000 deaf have look up our website deafskydivers.org B| Silent Freefall, Fred

Hey!

We are three deafs from Norway to be arrivals Houston, Spaceland in DWR 2007. You knows Mads Moriggi as he did jump with you in last DWR 2005.

We are three deafs in Norway to jump now.
Borgvar Berntzen is 60 years old og have jump 1100 jumps into 20 years. He is the first deaf jumper in Norway.

I begin to jump two years ago og have 350 jumps now ;) I do jumps with video in RW and AFF, but jumps too in RW into 20 jumpers RW. i am 32 years old.B|

We are so happy to travel to you in DWR and jumps with youB|

We have buy flight-tickets and well be come in Houston 21 oktober and fly home again 29 oktober.

We need more info og any websities to booking hotels near Spaceland. We wants too live near you. As we speaks with you into afternoon after jumping.

We speaks too to rent a car to drive to og from the hotel og Spaceland, too to Houston into afternoon to see the city.

Please take contact too help us where we can book hotelroom and to rent a car.

Best regards

Tommy Andre Johansen

Tommy Andre, Norway

Tommy, I am happy to see you post here and to find out that there are three deaf skydivers in Norway!

This website should help you get started. http://www.skydivespaceland.com/

I am unfortunately not able to attend this time after co-organizing the last three deaf world records. [:/]

I hope you three will have a great time! Also, be sure to keep in touch with Fred Goebel, who posts on here as goesky, on anything you need.

Blue Skies
Billy

Hi Tommy, Yes I know Mads. He is cool guy. Wow you made a lot jumps in 2 years B| I have asked John Woo Which hotel we will stay. I will let you know soon. I think you can get the rental car from the airport. I live about 45 miles from DZ. I will be gald to show you round Houston or jump all week for fun I am looking forward all of you come here DWR 2007. I will contact with you very soon :)