TribalTalon

deaf skydivers

hey just wondering how many deaf dz.commers we have on here.. hopefully most of you guys on the mail lists will join up and chat in here. hehe.

*BTW, my name is Don Kehlenbeck, i'm profoundly deaf, but i talk and hear with a cochlear implant, and i jump at skydive houston.*

*EDIT* here's a pic of me, i'm on the left in the black shirt..

hey just wondering how many deaf dz.commers we have on here.. hopefully most of you guys on the mail lists will join up and chat in here. hehe.

*BTW, my name is Don Kehlenbeck and i jump at skydive houston.*

Hi Don. Also here in Houston is "Freddie" (don't know his last name), who is a long time deaf skydiver. Then there is John Woo out in California. Those are the only two that I can think of off the top of my head.

Don you are correct about John. Now, what ever you do, don't tell him about this place, cause then we'll never get rid of him.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

well, blame billy vance for telling john woo about this site, i promise i had NOTHING to do with it. :):)

Oh no! Does that mean we should be expecting him soon?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey everyone!! Welcome to our new forum!!

Glad to see it up and running! B| B|

We're gonna have a blast in here! Glad to help get us all together. :)
Blue Skies!
Billy Vance
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey there John, how are you doing? Long time no see. It's great to have you here, we'll be able to communicate back and forth easier. Sure do miss seeing you. What are you plans for jumping this season? BTW, do you know where I can get any more of those black rubber bands? I was just in Eloy, and they don't have any :(

BTW, do you know where I can get any more of those black rubber bands? I was just in Eloy, and they don't have any ***

I remember The Parachute Center in Lodi, CA, home of Bill and Kathy Dause, having some. It's been a year and a half, but the one black stow they gave me lasted 9 months!

Blue Skies!
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi Don,
David Armstrong is a very talented deaf skydiver who subbed in our (now defunct) freefly team last year. He jumps at Waller occasionally, but is more often found at Gladewater or Spaceland (I think!). He is an extremely nice, funny, helpful, generous man who I am fortunate enough to call a friend. He is back row left on the attached picture from the deaf 15-way.
The pic was taken from http://www.deafskydivers.org.

Cheers!

Nick

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

He is back row left on the attached picture from the deaf 15-way. ***

And right behind me in the picture. Dave's got the most skydives of all the deaf skydivers in the world (should be over 3000 jumps by now), and been jumping continuously the longest (31 years). Very accomplished freefaller, videographer and swooper. Hope to see him on here sometimes!

Blue Skies
Billy

John, you so rock. I'll contact Mary out there first to see if she still has some before you send any to me. I'm greedy, I would need the large and the small, plus I have a friend that needs some too. I'll get back to you about that.

Hugs,
Mar

clicky To get to the Deaf Skydivers web site.

I'm here on Charl's lap. The picuture of us in freefall, I'm between Charl and David.

i tried to fix your clicky's mar, something else must be wrong.:Si have jumped with charl many times and i got to meet many deaf jumpers when they all came to skydive san marcos a few years back for the record jumps. Great bunch of guys. And i think i have pics of dave swooping in aggieland last summer.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.