TribalTalon

deaf skydivers

Howdy!
I believe I met you in Perris during thw Deaf Records last year.
I'm a beginner ASL student..taking ASL2 presently.
I met John Woo, and two others i can't remember their names as I write this..one was married, and the other one could speak somewhat.
I see Richard often, usually at the bar:)And Mary..sign interpreter, Hi Mary!
There was a girl out there that weekend intrepretting ALOT.."Jessica" she live local near me, I lost her email. so we could carpool to Elsinore..she was So good, and cool, do you remember her?
John Woo never got back with me in getting a t-shirt for the Deaf World Record"..I still would like one for 2 reasons..to wear at class, and to local deaf event gatherings in my area!
Keep in touch!
Gary Calhoun

Gary, if you get a t-shirt from John, then I better be getting one.

As for finding Richard in the bar :o I'm shocked. BTW, where is that guy? I'm surprized he isn't in here yet. Now that's a PW.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Where else would you expect to find Richard at in Perris? The bar of course... I arrived Saturday after deaf record jump already laned I took new part time job with Fedex so I wasn't able to make it in time.. maybe next time... and yea I need two deaf record jump T-shirts too... John still have any left? i'll take 2 one for my ex g/f... other for me. Yes, Jessica was great interpiter for the jumps It was nice of her to volinteer her services. as for next DWR jumps.. i'll be there! Mike

Yeah sure, ask Gary for his address, but don't bother with me :( Oh wait, you have mine, and you'll be sending my t-shirt any day now;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I want everyone to know that John Woo is the best! In checking my mail today, I got a little surprise from him. My T-shirt from the Deaf Record. I was already dress for work this morning when I got the shirt, but you can sure count on me wearing it tomorrow.
John, I have the guys phone number that makes the black rubber bands and plan on calling him. I'll keep you posted on that.

Dont know if i 'qualify' as Im hard of hearing, but can sign. Learnt to sign (BSL) back in the UK a few years ago. Now live & jump in New Zealand ***

I don't see a problem. You have a hearing loss and you sign. You're in! :P Welcome onboard Russ! B|

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm a beginner ASL student..taking ASL2 presently.

I'm right there with you...taking ASL2 right now. B|

John Woo never got back with me in getting a t-shirt for the Deaf World Record"..I still would like one for 2 reasons..to wear at class, and to local deaf event gatherings in my area!
Keep in touch!
Gary Calhoun

awwww...
I'd LOVE one of these shirts!! Especially since my ASL teacher said that she wanted to do a tandem, but has been waffling ever since on the date. :P

Where could I buy one of these shirts??

(I have to fight to keep myself from typing "I want shirt that - my ASL teacher she tell-me she want skydive. I ask when, she tell-me 'busy..feb busy...march busy..'. I tell-her, "You scared - skydive this year?" she funny.)
;)

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

Hey Mike,
I don't know if you remember me, but we jumped together at the WFFC in 2000 I videoed you and preacher on a high altitude jump from Mullins King Air. That is where I also got the pleasure of meeting John Woo. I met Billy Vance a few times in AL. and while I worked at skydive Monroe in GA. Billy brought a group of deaf tandem students he and a few others docked on it. Take care and hope to jump with you again sometime!
Greg
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

I met Billy Vance a few times in AL. and while I worked at skydive Monroe in GA. Billy brought a group of deaf tandem students he and a few others docked on it. Take care and hope to jump with you again sometime!
Greg ***

Hey Greg!!

Long time no see!! Haven't seen you probably since that tandem jump at Monroe that David, John and I docked on! Still remember your sign language? :D

Hope to see you again soon. What are you doing these days?

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey Billy,
Yep, I still practice my sign language.
I am still on the Golden Knights. I hope to see you soon at a boogie or something.
Take care of yourself and I will keep in touch!
Greg
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

Hey Greg,

Cool. I will be at the Dublin, GA RoamingDZ boogie later this month. It's looking to be a pretty good one. Almost every discipline known in skydiving will be represented. I am going to be focusing mostly on CRW with the crwdogs.

If not there, I'll see you somewhere!
Blue Skies
Billy

Hi Greg,
yes, I remember that jump and your filming it. it was fun! I was looking for you last couple of WFFC but Karen Lewis (lewmounst) told me you weren't here.. good to see you again, hope to meet you again soon... Mike

Hey Greg,
Good to see you on this forum.
am still constantly traveling to where boogies or events are since my old home DZ was kicked out by county years ago. Glad to know you still know sign language.
Remember Greg Reese (your deaf passenger tandeom at Skydive Monroe) who now lives in Connecticut since he got his new job there.
john

Remember Greg Reese (your deaf passenger tandeom at Skydive Monroe) who now lives in Connecticut since he got his new job there.
john
Hey John,

Greg Reese told me a few months ago that he's engaged to a gal now. I think they're getting married later this year.

Looks like I'm going to be jumping in Georgia for the next two months. The RoamingDZ boogie in Dublin in two weeks, and then the Casa boogie at Monroe the last weekend in April with Guy Wright.

Blue Skies
Billy