Shark

"Jump" button on the forum

Sangiro-dude,
I noticed the "jump" button after I scrolled down....
I keep pressing it to see if I get to exit altitude, but nothing happens.... I keep getting back to the index! Is there something wrong?? I've already made the 10 minute call and am geared up, then I press the "jump" button....
Okay, I figured it out... guess I shouldn't drink that stuff too early in the morning. :)
Just thought I'd lighten it up a little with all the flame throwers going at it.
Shark

Ha ha ha.....I wish it were as easy to go make a jump as pressing a button on my computer.
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/
PS. I must be REALLY bored to be posting so much today but I can't jump today in Sebastian (the boyfriend is having a great time though doing their 14-way birdmans...they're waiting for the 50-way RW'ers for some of them to join the birdman to break the record....keep your fingers crossed!). Speaking of which, Aviatrr, we were originally thinking of staying for tomorrow but decided to head up back to the beach. Have fun! There is LOTS to do skydiving-wise here this weekend. I only wish I could be participating.......:(.
Joe, when did the Dr. say you'd be able to get back up in the air? Let me know and BZ and I will meet you in Palatka. BW probably already told you he's going to be teaching AFF there now so I'm pretty sure that's where you said you'd be going once you were able to jump again and I promised BW on closing weekend (when the weather sucked! and we were all bummed b/c it was supposed to be our last weekend to jump there) that we'd be there to see him at least once a month. And if possible, it'd be cool to make that once a month the same weekend you are going to be there.
love you!

Why couldn't you jump today? I'm kinda wondering if tomorrow is gonna happen or not.. Forecast is for 20-30mph gusty winds tomorrow down in Sebastian.. Tried that once - never again.. I just got home from a week at work, with beautiful weather, only to have lousy weather here at home.. Figures.. Oh well, we'll see what happens..
Mike

Aviatrr,
Yea, the winds were roaring yesterday but they still were making a lot of jumps in Sebastian. They did several 14-way birdmans and then broke the record with 19-way birdman late afternoon. (My boyfriend was there so this is where I got the info) There were also quite a few 50-way RWs. I couldn't jump b/c the place I volunteer at needed people so I went there instead since the weather report (winds) didn't look so great for me. The weather today looks iffy but I'll pray for you that it is good so you can get a few in in the morning. HAVE FUN, post back and let me know what happened.
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!

Well, wind down that way is 25 gusting to 35 knots(as reported at KMLB - Melbourne), with a scattered cloud deck at 3500ft, broken at 5000.. Not a good day.. I didn't even bother heading down.. At 2am this morning the wind was blowing 15-20knots down there, so I knew it was going to be much worse today.. Maybe I'll get a couple in at DeLand today after this weather moves through.. They're saying it should be out of central Florida by around 4pm..
I hope the weather is good next weekend down there at Seb.. I'm planning on being down there for 4 days - I'm sure I'll get at least a day or two of good jumping..
Mike

Well, Mike, I *know* you didn't go to Deland yesterday b/c he, he, he, that's what we thought we'd do too and there was a mean thunderstorm all around as far as the eye could see all day so we headed back home to the beach where I thought the wind was going to blow the house down! Here in Orlando today, it is pretty cold and very windy. It sux but hopefully, as you said, the weather will be better this weekend. Unfortunately I will no see you in Sebastian (what part of Florida are you from??) There's a possibility I'll be in Deland this weekend but alas, I might have to skip a weekend b/c my b/f is moving and I'm his helper:)MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!

Nope, I sure didn't get to jump yesterday....or today.. Nasty weather yesterday (didn't clear up when they said it should) and blistering winds today.. The weather better be good this weekend.. I'm going nuts here.. I live in Daytona Beach -- only lived here 2 months now.. I moved down from Ohio.. I'll be down in Sebastian this weekend for the rec.skydiving boogie.. I've been to SDB(for one weekend in Jan), DeLand, and SSC.. I was sorry to see SDB go.. In the minimal time I spent there, I got a great vibe.. The only part I didn't like was the bus back from the LZ.. I just don't like taking my canopy through the doorway where there could be sharp points to snag on and tear.. I'm just paranoid.. :)Mike

Mike, WOW, you live so close. You'll definitely have to start jumping in Deland now more often b/c I'd love to meet you! Yes, the vibe at Skydive Daytona was an awesome one. It's hard to explain to people just how friendly it was there and how much everyone really loves each other and does things for each other there all the time. Between all of us we had someone to paint our houses, fix our cars, fix our roofs, work on construction, ext, ext. ext....it was like our own community, everyone doing what they knew how to for everyone else. But most everyone will be in Deland from now on so it will kinda be a DZ within a DZ there and it'd be very cool to see you. You've only lived here 2 months and have already been to more DZs than me...ha ha ha. But I kinda like to stick to the same one every weekend for now and travel to a new one every once a while. I'm set in my ways I guess. I get really comfortable somewhere or with something (doesn't even have to be skydiving) and I stick to it even though I'm always up to trying something new. I think once I"m jumping regularly again, every weekend that after a couple months, by this summer I will be doing some traveling to different DZs as well. Thusfar, I've only been to Sebastian, Deland, and SDB. Ironically, even though I've never been there, I have quite a few friends at Z-hills and they tell me it's wonderful there so maybe when you make your trip there, I'll go with. Let me know!
Much love and blue skies!