Patkat

Talismans

I just finished dyeing a new pair of Chuck Taylors - red and blue, with a little bit of white left in between. One is blue white red and the other is red white blue from heel to toe. I just realized that the last pair of shoes I got specifically for skydiving were red white and blue also... Could be the start of a little tradition. Anyone else have any talismans or rituals/traditions that cropped up in your skydiving career?
-patkat

I usually dance a little jig when I land on my feet. this one time when my steering line was tangled up and I had to land with on of my rear risers (no problem) and one steering line, but I was scared pretty bad for a while, thinking things like, oh sh*t I'm gonna have to pull my reserve, do I have enough hieght, panic, until I relaxed and evaluated that I could land my main the way it was. I near started breakdancin when I landed just fine. :)*deep breath* please

hey patkat,
i do. and for me its the color red. I wore a red jumpsuit on my first tandem, a red sweatshirt on my second. a different red sweatshirt on my third. and red underware on my solo. Cant help it. Im not normally supersticious but after i realized the pattern i dont want to stop. I actaully went out looking for a red shirt to wear for my solo cause i didnt want to wear one of the same sweatshirts.. couldnt find it so i had to settle for the red undies.
froggie

yeah, I got one that made a lot of sense in NZ, but I guess down here makes me look like "a bit of a poser".
My jumpsuit is the EXACT same colours as the SJ Sharks NHL Ice Hockey team. I even went as far as stitching their 10th Anniversary patch on my leg. They are my chosen skydiving "colours" forever more...so I will always have it on my rig, my canopy, (try to get a reserve that is all teal), and my jumpsuits.
It all started on my second jump. I thought I would invest in some goggles and when asked what colour I wanted...I went straight to the best colours I could imagine...the Sharks' ones.
So, in the US it is a bit "geeky", but I assure you there are others with probably even more "retarded" choices for their colours.
And, I now jump with my NZ greenstone hangin' around my neck. Gotta have the Kiwi magic with me always!
Cheers,
Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

*ahem* *cough* *cough* Froggy, you know that thread about the izone polaroid cameras you
resurrected, well....

are you trying to get at something skreamer? cause if you are, just come out and say it :)

ahmen skreamer froggie u owe us and hey your underware would be close enough

HEY! Us girls were more nakie than that (ie: no clothes) in those few pics that we already posted! why dont they count? lol

Damn, I just had a vision of Kermit the frog in red panties, now I can't get it out of my head

OH MY G*D! ROFLMAO. oh man. I wasnt expecting that mental image skreamer! hehe. youve got a way with expressing what youre feeling. Betcha wish you were miss piggy right about now huh? then an almost nakie kermit might just turn ya on. LOL. ah man. you guys crack me up.
froggie

Well, kids, I thought this might be an interesting thread to start... you know, see what other people do/wear/etc before and after jumps, maybe see whether we are as superstitious as other athletes can be. And it took nine (actually less, but I'll spot you all a couple) to get back to "nakie stuff." And anyway, Froggie, were those undies just bottoms, or tops and bottoms matched up?
;) Patkat

albatross,
thanks for the link. im going to check it out in all of about 2 seconds.
patkat,
that would be red underware. black bra. I have yet to buy a red one...even though i saw this red bra that i absolutely love! But i cant go to bright cause the majority of the shirts that i wear are either white blue or grey. so black or white sort of blends in. But a red bra would really keep the whole "red clothes when i jump thing" going so ill be out shopping later this week :)
froggie