huffermoose

FREE BEER

ahha got your attention this time!
right i am fairly new to the sport (18 jumps & cat A) but am planning to travel anywhere in the world and find a place that for a solid 3 weeks (between 10th july and 31st of july) i can jump my arse off and party till i drop each night, with out the hinderance of bad weather and lack of beer, (i can see everone mumbling the words "only place you get that is heaven") but i'm open to ideas i am from the u.k and am willing to travel anywhere any ideas and is anyone interested in coming along???
cheers Allan

Although I have never been there, it sounds like you are talking about "Skydive Nirvana" -- I mean "Skydive Arizona". Lots of folks around this website go/jump/live there... I'm sure somebody can provide better info than I can...
Frank

Hi Moose,
Californica is a better bet than Az at that time of year... Firstly Eloy is "Feckoff hot" & I'm pretty sure it closes for part of the week in the summer. Eloy & Coolige really take off September thru May (October 1st onwards is especially good 'cos BA do their "World Offers" (cheap flights) then.
One point if you do fly BA... Make sure you've got transport when you get to Pheonix - NOT a hire car... Not after 13 hours that starts with "Welcome aboard, would you like a drink while you find your seat? Now you've found your seat would you like a drink while everyone else finds theirs? WOuld you like a drink while we're waiting to start engines? would you like a drink before we taxi? would you like a drink while we're waiting to takeoff? Stop drinking for takeoff... Now that we've reached an altitude of 100ft would you like a drink while we're climbing?....
I love BA - I know WHY it's the (alcholic) worlds favourite airline:D.
Mike D10270.

Moose Man,
I would suggest you decide what area of the States you want to visit, then choose a bigger DZ in that area. I strongly suggest that you choose a DZ that is near a wind tunnel and has a good coaching program. With you being able to make so many consecutive jumps, you will benefit greatly from a bit of flying in the wind tunnel and multiple coached jumps. Your learning process will be accelerated! I will recommend that you shy away from Skydive Arizona at that time of year . . . as said before, it's VERY hot then, and they get dust devils in the afternoons. There are other "Skydiving Mecca's" over here that have more comfortable weather.
Respectfully,
SP

it`s obvious with the australian dollar (the south pacific peso) the way it is, you could easily jump your arse off and still shout me free beer all night for suggesting it, without going broke.
i usually jump in sydney, but there are quite a few different d.z`s you could check out over here...
it`s now autumn in australia but i`m sure it`ll still feel pretty warm to you.
anyway, whatever you decide- go big!

Yeah......its a little hot...and.....yeah.....we....ummm....get a few dust devils.....but, I wouldnt let that scare you away!!
Skydive AZ is, IMHO, firts rate, but I agree with others, it is sometimes unbearably hot, especially in July, but that just makes the exits that much better, getting into the cool air, if you have door demons, this is a good way to kill them!! And what better way to improve your canopy skills than by avoiding dust devils!! J/K
In all actuallity, these are some good things to keep in mind, and it would be wise to give these things due consideration, but I would not avoid it soley for these reasons. Good luck on your search, and I hope to see ya in Eloy!!
Greg A-37958