airann

Funny stuff people ask me.

Q: What happens in a cloud?
A: If you breath too much you will drown.
Q: Do you ever throw up?
A: Not in my helmet.
Q: What about when its raining?
A: Well, it hurts a little more because you are landing on the pointy ends of the rain drops.
Upon reaching altitude:
Q: What is that smell?
A: The smell of fear.
Q#2Re: Clouds
Can you see through them?
A: You can look up and see where you punched a whole in it. I like to make an X. It looks nice.
On my cutaway:
Q: Did you save your handles?
A: What handles? Hell no, I was desparately trying to save my worthless hide. And where is my darn T-Shirt?
Q: (Whuffo) Why did you get all your gear on before you knew wheather or not your rig was packed? (On <3 min call)
A: So I could put on my rig if ready and get on this load.
She followed me around all day asking a million questions. Later, I found out I was jumping with her husband. Huh. Who knew? I was wondering why she kept asking me if I was jumping with Terry, I am like Who is Terry? I jump with alot of people.
Clear Blue and Extra Alt,
AirAnn
http://www.AirAnn.com

Here is another funny thing I get asked all the time,
Who designed your web page? I love to talk about all the great help I got from Georgia to get it up. Really nice.
I especially like to discuss how nice you have been to Levin and I. It is really refreshing.
Clear Blue and Extra Alt,
AirAnn
http://www.AirAnn.com

airann,
im seriously considering taking a notebook to work with me this weekend and writing down all the quacky things the first time tandems ask me.. Cant tell you how many off the wall "what the frigg are you thinkin asking me that!" questions they come up with.
Ahhhh! i love playing with tandems. Soo much fun :)

OK I have been asked this question a LOT! (Think about it, you probably have to, but you try to forget it!! LOL)
"Do you ever use those parachutes that you can steer?" OR it is a combination of "Do you ever use those square parachutes?" AND "Do those let you steer?"
NO!! OH god forbid...no steering... lol poor whuffos. Then they always make some comment about, "Well, I see it on RealTV a lot," and I think, gee what positive media coverage we have got!! lol IT'S ALL IN GOOD FUN THOUGH
love,
sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

Harro - sick but very, very funny.
Here's a couple from last weekend:
'Why do we have to sign an indemnity?'
'So if we break you you can't say it was our fault'
'Why does it say NEXT OF KIN?!!!' (incredulous)
'So we know who to send the bits to if it all goes wrong'
Here's my favourite - and please bear in mind, my DZ does 50 to 70 tandems every weekend, affliated to various charideee organisations, and I was booking them in and taking payments. This lovely laydee was about 20th in the queue:
'Hey - I'm doing this TANDEM SKYDIVE for CHARITY!'
'Yes?'
'Will you sponsor me to jump? It's for CHARITY!'
'Possibly like the other 30 people in this queue? I also am doing a jump this afternoon. If you cover my ticket (£16) and give me five quid, I'll make sure it goes to Save the Children.'
Actually, I didn't say that. But I wish I had. Honestly. Bless them.
Emma

Hi Ann --
I always get asked " Do you ever think what will happen if your parachute doesn't open ?". I just roll my eyes and keep walking.....
My favorite question was asked about 2 weeks ago, at my regular grocery store. One of my co-workers works there part-time as a cashier (she was working the next register over, and this whole thing was for her benefit), and this was on a Saturday night on the way home from the DZ. This 18-year-old boy is ringing up my purchase, and a couple of construction workers are behind me in line, each with a twelve-pack. This guy sees my skydiving t-shirt, and says "Hey--you skydive ?"
Me : "Yep -- actually did 4 jumps today"
Him : "How many times have you jumped ?"
Me : "About 30".
Him : "What's it like ?"
Me : "It's really hard to explain..."
Him : "Do you like it?"
At this point, I look over at my co-worker, and she's got this grin on her face, so I tell the guy "No, not really. The only time I get to see my friends is on the weekends, and they always want to go jumping, so I ride in the plane with them, and about every other trip, 5 or 6 of them pin me down in the plane, and strap a rig on me, then open the door and push me out !"
I wish you could have seen the look of incredulity on this guy's face ! It was absolutely priceless ! (in the meantime, Paige and the construction guys are laughing their asses off.........)
The PLF Pundit