jtval

north texas dz's

hey all,
I'm gonna be in texas(witchita falls) for 6 weeks starting jun 21st. does anyone know/ suggest a dz that has a good rep and is close to the area? im not worried about a 150-200 mile drive!i just want a reputatble dz, i will NEED TO JUMP!!! but i am not at all familiar with the area.
thanks,
jt
JT

You should come check out Oklahoma Skydiving Center in Cushing OK... It's just a one cessna DZ, but he usually has another for the entire summer. It's a very reputable DZ.... Well, as reputable as a DZ can be! lol I think we're about 215 miles or so from Wichita Falls.
The website's kinda old tho!
"Grab the grass, it's the bounce that kills!"
Merrick

there is Skydive Texas, in Decatur, and Skydive Dallas, in Whitewright. Both aren't far from where you'll be, but Skydive Texas is probably closer. I have jumped at both and they are both cool. Skydive Dallas is my home DZ though, I am partial to it. Bigger planes, more jumps, etc. etc. There's a cafe and bunkrooms, etc. Check out the website.
Sis

i just checked and decatur is only 75 miles from where i'll be. does anyone care to fill me in on the dz there. a/c, typical altitude? is it a reputable dz? does anyone here jump there regularly?
jujst some concerns/questions. i'll be there in 3-4 weeks(weekends)
JT