HIGH1

Canadian: SideWinder Parachute Container

Please can someone contact me about components for the SideWinder Parachute Container. The SideWinder is a Canadian made rig that uses compoents from other rig manufactures; Do you know which manufacture provides these parts? or Which parts can be used in this rig? Freebag and Reserve PC... I had a 176r in this rig but now I need to replace cut away components. Any information would be great!
Check your ego at the door. Stay humble.

Al McDonald of Flying High made it and still makes them. He can supply any parts or service you require. The RPC is a UPT made item, all other parts are Flying High.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Hi gowlerk,

The RPC is a UPT made item

Not always. There was a period of time in which RWS ( now UPT ) could not provide them to Al; they needed them for their customers.

So they sent him all of the drawings, specs, production processes, etc so he could make them himself. IIRC he was only allowed to that until RWS could once again supply them to him.

Just for those that like this trivia stuff,

Jerry Baumchen

You can substitute Vector 2 reserve pilot-chutes.

You can substitute a reserve ripcord from most other reserves certified under TSO C23B or later.

You can substitute cutaway handles from most other rigs.

You can substitute 3-ring main risers from most other containers.

You can only install an RSL or free-bag made by Flying High.

Rob Warner
CSPA Rigger Instructor
FAA Master Rigger

HIGH1

Thank you for the information. I will play the treasure hunt for components!

.................................................................................

... or phone Al MacDonald at Flying High Manufacturing in Alberta. If you phone him in the morning, he might ship parts the same afternoon.