Michele

I hate to ask, but

Could you all say a tiny little prayer for Ed, my AFF Instructor?
I had my first packing lesson with his chute yesterday, and he's going to jump it today. (gulp)........:o
I asked (o.k., begged) him to unpack it and do it right, but he just laughed....
ciel bleu-
Michele

Hey Michele!
What time did you leave the dz yesterday? I have a strange feeling that we walked right past each other as I was headed in and you were headed out....
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

Hi, Lisa
Just about 5:30 ish or so. I was in grey shorts and a "FRED SANDS FIRST CLASS REAL ESTATE" t-shirt...was it me?
I will be there tomorrow, about 11:30 ish, and trying to jump about 12:30 or 1ish...and then trying to pack that chute, too (geez!!). If you're there, let's hook up - I would so love to meet you!!! I'll be there for most of the day.
ciel bleu-
Michele

Aaargh!!
It was you! I was wearing black pants and a greenish-blue shirt... I knew I shoulda just yelled your name! ;)
I just may be out there tomorrow to get my butt in the air too... now that I know what you look like I'll find ya!
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

Michele
Love don't even sweat it. Ed is willing to jump to make you feel better, togive you the opportunity not to stress about the pack job, to let you pack a smaller chute, and help you. However, he is also a smart guy who know the value of a propperly packed chute, I am sure that he watched you carefully and KNOWS that the pack job is good. HE WOULD NEVER JUMP A PACK JOB THAT HE DIDN'T BELEIVE WOULD BE FINE. Maybe I will see you tommmorow.
Chris
Ready, Set, GOOOOOOO
Albatross

Hi, all.
O.K., so I just heard from someone who was at Perris today. After screwing with me for a while (well, he's limping and has crutches, etc...), she said that Ed was fine.
Thank God!!!.....now to hear from Ed (and I am sure I will hear *all* about it).......
ciel bleu-
Michele

Well, Spectre, that's what I wanted to know.
Ed told me he would rather have it not open than to open hard. Like I said, I am sure I will hear all about it tomorrow......and not necessarily looking forward to that.....
:(
ciel bleu-
Michele

Hey Michele !
This is Ed (I'm having Don send this reply for me, as I can't type with these bandages on my fingers....)
You did great ! Your pack job opened fine, altho a "little" hard.....but it deployed, and that's the important thing ! The only problem I had on the jump was having to flare with my teeth, as both shoulders were temporarily dislocated upon opening.....
But you did a GREAT job, and I would be proud to jump your pack-jobs in the future...ANYTIME !!! ( just have to wait a little while...the doc says I can't jump again for three months, or until the last of the drains are removed, whichever comes first....)
You rock, girl !
Your friend,
Ed

Hey Michele...one of my instructors did that to me and he jumped it and is still living. What I didn't realize at the time is while I was packing it and pulling at it and literally shoving it in the bag he watched everything I did and he knew it would open ok. Ed will be fine, you will see.
Soon you'll be a packing pro and laugh at being so uptight about this. Just remember a parachute is designed to want to open.