pyke

This is why I do it!!!

Man, I had the best FUCKING jump this weekend and I work with TOTAL WHUFFOS - so when they ask me how my weekend was....I can't say more than, "I went skydiving and I had fun", BUT my brethren here will save me and TOTALLY get it. I am jonesing to share this with SOMEONE....
So I am looking to downsize canopies and I try out this guy's Heatwave (BTW, FUN ASS CANOPY!!!!B|). I go up to altitude and have a wee discussion to one of the video/swooping studs at our dz and he just tells me to go out and have fun, but when I go out (last out) to turn and look at the plane as it dives. The day is a nice, almost comfortable 85 with white fluffys spotted all over the pristine blue sky. Anyway, so I figure, why bomb out and turn around when I can just go out sideways and be in constant view of the plane.
I can't tell you what a TRUELY FUCKING AWESOME picture that was!!!! I go out and instantly am stable in the prop blast (a rarity for me) and I watch as our pilot puts it into a nose dive and I am close enough to see him (forgot to ask if he could see me) in the pilot's seat!!! I mean WOW!!!! BEST FUCKING IMAGE to have on a Monday!!!
Anyway, how were all your jumps this weekend? I did 3 KICK ASS RW:)This sport ROCKS!!!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke :P
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

I hear ya, brother...
Yesterday was a blast for me as well. I woke up after not nearly enough rest, made a quick sleep vs skydive decision, and headed for the DZ.
Since I hadn't done any bellyflying in about 60-70 jumps, I decided to hook up with Mark Brown (rw load organizer at Perris) for some chaotic entropy-filled skydives. To my amazement, flying skills are flying skills, regardless of body position. I got 8 jumps in, and made it into my slot relatively early (for me anyway) on all of them. Only two jumps involved me departing the dive plan for some 'improvizational flying.'
One of the last jumps of the day way particularly cool... we had 9 jumpers, plus camera. We did a no-contact exit out of the otter, then built an accordian for the first point. 2nd point was an in-out round, which went to zippers for the 3rd. 4th point was a 'flying wedge' which we flew across the sky, right into the sunset, for the rest of the dive! Our camera flyer did some cool transitions, and the video was great...
How about the rest of you? Good weekend jumping?
Cheers... Dave
p.s. I won't mention twisting my ankle _walking_ back in from the landing area. It hurt quite a bit for a few minutes, but apparently not bad enough to keep me from jumping the rest of the day... Very sore by sunset, but feeling fine today... Thanks for the Aleve, Michele!!!

My pleasure, Dave. I always have some with me, so the next time you turn an ankle flying a 107 handkerchief, just come get some. Oh wait, that's right, you twisted your ankle walking over that horrible, bumpy nasty, mean ground.....did you ever find a hot tub to soak in?
And Pyke, I so totally understand!!!!!! Isn't it neat when there's that really awesome jump, and you get that huge lightbulb and fall inlove with the sky all over again?
Ciel bleu-
Michele

Ok, this is getting out of hand. If everyone's gonna be posting all about how much fun they're having and how perfect their weekend was, I'm gonna have to find a different website to surf all day at work. I haven't jumped since May, and probably wont jump again until September. This is really getting depressing. The good news is that I heard that my container is FINALLY (after well over 2 months) on it's way to my rigger, where he'll put in my used main, new reserve, and new cypres. So, my next jump should be my first on my own equipment. I can't wait! But until then I have to survive sitting here at a desk, doing nothing. Don't ask me why I have nothing to do at work other than sit here reading this stuff... thats a whole 'nother story. But please, when posting, be sensitive to us jump-deprived people. Thanks for adding that you twisted your ankle, but maybe next time make like it ruined your whole weekend! :-)