SkymonkeyONE

Quincy report from Chuck

Just a quick note to say that all is well in Quincy, IL. Not the crowd that you Quincy veterans will remember (due to the Skydive Chicago thing running at the same time), but still fun. I got here on Saturday at about 6pm and settled the MonkeyBago right beside my dad's monster RV and the other Alabama Gang crowd. I made six jumps yesterday and the same today. Sport accuracy is tomorrow and my wife is entering. I feel sorry for the people that think they can beat a six-year golden knight at stand-up accuracy.
The pond has been open since I got here and good-spot permitting, I hit it every single time. I have run into six of my fellow competitors from the Perris meet and am quite excited about the competition. The pond is very nice but is kind of built up, so you kind of finish your swoop down a hill. Odd, but not a big deal. At least it's grass out there!
I have STILL not met a single dropzone.commer. Where the hell are you guys? I am VERY hard to miss in my Skymonkey hat and my Odyssey with "skymonkey one" on the mudflap. That being said, I had NO problem finding the rec.skydiving guys. I was on Peanut's 500th jump today. It was a 20-way that turned into a zoo, but he had fun and that's all that really counts. As he is actually from Alabama, he is camped out about 40 feet from my RV ane parties with us every day. I repeat: when you come into the skydiver entrance of the airport, you follow the "avenue of flags" until it crosses the closed runway. My RV is right on the left, just in the grass in the Alabama Gang enclave. It is CLEARLY marked, so if you are coming, just ask for me.
Gotta run. I am signed on with my web-phone as modem and it's only hooking up at 14.4. If you are coming, I will see you here. Have a safe trip. It took us 17 hours to get here. We drove straight through, only stopping for gas.
Chuck

I had NO problem finding the rec.skydiving guys

eewwwww!
No, really - sounds like you're having a blast! What aircraft are ya jumping? Can't believe you haven't seen a single jumper from here! Is the weather better than last year's wind storm?

well I hope he can get these replies but I would doubt it! modem lines are hard to come by at quincy, i heard. i know he has web capable phones but still. anyhow, chuck if you can receive this: we won't be there until thursday night so we'll find you I promise!!!!
hugs and tell your wife good luck on the accuracy and maybe could she give me a few pointers? LOL
Sis

"What??! Is food optional?"
You dont have to stop for Cheetos. Thats why they put em in a bags.......

Well, I was referring to the grease you can get at the roadside diners, etc. Nuttin like a good ol greasy slider.

a six-year golden knight at stand-up accuracy

Chuck! Who's your wife?? I did lots of my early jumps with an Army sgt. who later got onto the GK demo and comp. S&A teams... If your wife's name is Karen... tell her I said hi! :)pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

The web phone is working fine as a modem, so yes, I got the replys. Someone came by the camp today, but I was up jumping, so I didn't get to see who it was. I did see Josh Hulse towards the end of the day and we were on the plane together then swooped the pond together. Note: we had a guy pile into the ground just short of the pond today. Right fucking in front of me! He was actually about 200 feet below me when I was on my downwind leg. I didn't think he was going to swoop, but he hauled that riser at maybe 100 feet and paid the price. I am not sure if he made it or not, but I know he was in very bad shape. Once he piled in, I swooped the lane anyway. While collecting my gear I saw that he was still not moving. Three golf carts full of people rushed over and pulled him out of the pond (he hit, then flipped into the water face down and unconscious). Ugly, but this stuff happens when you don't really have the experience. Hopefully the guy made it.
Anyway, see yall when you get here.
Chuck

Hmm... I wonder if I met Kris at Perris back in '96 or so...
Anyway, next time you see Karen tell her I said hi! I'm so bad at keeping in touch; I've lost her email addy (again). Is she still jumping?
Thanks and keep havin' fun for all of us who can't be there!
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!