chickenhawk420

Weed, Ganja, Bush, Hashish, Sensei

Slappie - roflmao, tears running down my face, that is so damned funny!!!!
Another angle - What about jumping stoned? Since I am no longer a student (I just have to keep saying that!!), some people (instructors included) have told me how they jump stoned "all the time" or when they are jumping alone, or maybe just occasionally. I would be too shit scared to try it, can't even contemplate driving stoned, but I was wondering about you people........do you, have you, would you, what do you think about it?
Go for it ALL,Sue

Hey I can't contemplate jumping red eyed, Im gonna be scared doing my first aff jump (done static and tandem) enough without added paranoia or fear coming from the drug so id say no. Its just not clever, and jumping needs a clearhead as its difficult. I get a kick outta the jump enough, my altered mindstate will come from the andrenaline kick of jumping, flying and a stood up landing. If, and i mean if coz it aint gonna happen, i find what im doing a little dull then there will always be something new to learn, practice and attempt to master (but never get there:). Always different disicplines and techniques to try. I think thats one of the other things that draw mw to it, so much to try.
However i will probably smoke at the DZ after last load with a nice, cold beer and realax, chill and chat. But I couldn't jump high, if i was already high what would be the point in going up there. But it last in your blood for up to and beyond 3 weeks. I smoke most days, do things normally while high (even drive) and enjoy it. I can already hear the screams of disgust, drive you say DRIVE, well yeah i know myself and what i can and can do (theres the trick positive thinking) and how it affects me and wares off. So i could smoke early and be stone cold sober later (as no hangovers, headaches or any of that crap with this baby) in the space of a few hours. Others would still see me as high because of the way people think about drinking and its affects but i would be no different than when id got up that morning.
So no arround jumping yes but while jumping definitely not (and beleive me the appeal is there slightly i think it could highten the experience but its fun enough, in fact its funnest thing i wanna do). One little point my concentration increases with it so that may be an advantage with percieved hightened perception but nah i can't even convince myself. Ask me again once im an experienced jumper and i feel i would still say no. Enjoy the jump, drugs and beers later after your last load (im not clear on why if im finished jumping that day i couldn't before last load?)
Rooftops and sunsets
Tell me what you think, suicide for sure but because we don't know what would happen.
PS- The driving thing well as the law loves reports so do I, try this one- Weed has little or no affect on driving compared to alcohol.

Increase your concentration......Yeah I heard a story like that once. A guy at Raeford was telling of his friend that started jumping the same time he did. Except this guy liked to burn one on the way to the DZ. He had so much concentration that one day when he could't find his P/C handle because he was wearing gloves he started concentrating on removing the glove.He concentrated on removing this glove for the rest of his life. Keeping track of altitude during a stressful time (mal) is hard enough for most people. The adrenaline distorts your perception of time so bad that you certainly dont need any more "help." I dont jump under the influence and I wont jump around people that do. Save it for after last load.
P.S. The reason you have to wait for the "Beer Light" is to keep some stupid people from "JUI" and not promote a "perception" by the public that everyone drinks and jumps. It's just part of keeping a safe atmosphere.
"Gonna need...some cream for ya ass"-Chef/South Park
Clay

I see nothing wrong with getting stoned, just do me a favor and dont get all stoned then drive through central florida at a high rate of speed....and CRASH>.....then I have to work. and dont want to do that OK?
I havnt done it, and dont want to, but I have a problem with people trying to tell others what to do...
Marc
Because I fly, I envy no man on earth

Ok since this seems to be the "impare yourself thread"
DUI
During the big DUI Dragnet, a Highway Patrolman waited outside a popular
local bar, hoping for a bust.
At closing time as everyone came out, he spotted his potential quarry. The
man was so obviously inebriated that he could barely walk. He stumbled
around the parking lot for a few minutes, looking for his car. After trying
his keys on five others, he finally found his own vehicle.
He sat in the car a good ten minutes as the other patrons left. He turned
his lights on, then off, wipers on then off. He started to pull forward
into the grass, then stopped. Finally when he was the last car, he pulled
out onto the road and started to drive away.
The Patrolman, waiting for this, turned on his lights and pulled the man
over. He administered the breathalizer test, and to his great surprise the
man blew a 0.00! The Patrolman was dumbfounded!
"This equipment must be broken!" exclaimed the Patrolman.
"I doubt it," said the drunk, "tonight I'm the Designated Decoy!"
Blue Skies!http://www.geocities.com/scollins77057/index.html

Did you say impaired?
Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards. One day they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me.....I know we've been friends for a long time.....but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is." Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?

Hey, I live in the Netherlands, smoking pot is actually legal here. I've never done it though, and don't really intend to try. I think legalizing it is a good way to put a stop to drugs-related crimes.
By the way, I recently read a very scientific paper that claimed that smoking pot releases thirty times more carcinogenic (sp? as in causing cancer...) substances than smoking a 'normal' cigarette. That in itself made me go off pot, prolly forever!
:)Ramon :)

Question for people with more reefer experience then I do. I only did it once when I was like 18 or 19. This guy rolled it up for me and it was the hugest joint I had ever seen. He told me to suck it in as deep as I could so I did, and we sucked the whole thing down in a couple of minutes. I said I didn’t feel anything and he just laughed and said that I would. He left right away and turned to go up the stairs at my house and I made it about half way up and WHAM! Instant stoner. I spent the next 15 min. or so just walking around the house aimlessly laughing my ass off for no reason. I loved it! All of the sudden my throat felt weird and my breathing sounded odd, and I was shocked (that’s an understatement) when I realized my throat was closing. I just about shit myself and spent the next several hours sitting in a chair with my head back praying to god to let me live. It got the the point where it was like breathing through a small straw and I almost called 911 but I was scared about getting caught. I thought for sure my parents would come home and find me dead in that chair. Well obviously I’m not but I’m wondering what the hell happened? It’s been suggested that it was an allergic reaction, or it was laced with something (I forget what). Anybody have any idea?
Josh
"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" - Helen Keller

Hi, just a couple o things;
Clay, i think if anyone jumped high after that story then they shouldn't be jumping. Weed affects different people different ways (usually 80% of the high i think comes from the brains creative imaginitive use of the drug -what you expect from the high you would probably experience, the sort of person you are is reflected in your high- this is not scientific but observation of a wide community of smokers) The concentration thing- It works for me and most of my friends, especially when completing games on the playstation- We don't buy no more just rent it and finish it in a day (sometimes two)- Not the whole day aswell. I know how i work on it, and im confident of my limits-maybe its the six years smokin the stuff. But as i said im in skydiving for the adrenaline rush (but its more than that, alot more) and if i was high there would be no reason to go up there - ill stick with the wicked natural high i get out of it. Jump well stoned UR a fool, but its up to the person, each to their own- not gonna be a hyporcrite.
Carsnogenic affects- One joint made from tabacco and hash equals a 20 pack of fags (smokes for american friends)- Its the combined affect thats the killer. One joint from good ol bush is five times that of a ciggarette. However it depends how you smoke (a well designed bong or bubbler will produce a much cooler hit to the back of the throat as well as filter some of the crap) and how much. I think tabbacco is more dangerous for one reason weeed don't kill, alcohol and especially tabbacco do (a hell of alot more than any other drug) and couple this with anti-carsogenic (plus many others...) medicinal affect of one compound of weed then what is the full extent?
Which brings me to the next point, Josh, Where you smoking hash or bush. If it was hash then maybe it could have been a low grade with impurities in it (formula) and if its nasty then maybe could have been this as different substances could have been used. Here no problem coz i know what im getting and from where (very important). If it was bush then probably just a mix of cotton mouth (just dry throat, drink something) and as its your first time probably a bit of uncertainty (mind playa). Don't think allergy but i could be very wrong, just never heard of it (doesn't mean some might not be allergic).
Just know what your getting- cotton mouth sucks, it sounds like it was that.
Rooftops and sunsets

Well I'm 34yo and smoked all the way through highschool and most of college. I know the affects and the thought processes it produces. I do not have a problem with someone wanting to get "high".. This conversation on getting high and trying to skydive is the stupidest thing I think I've read on this forum! Don't even think about it! Even joking about it bothers me. It's like a low timer talking about how they are going to do a "hook turn" on landing this next jump!! Just beats me how people can even think about it!!
just my $.02
Blue Skies!http://www.geocities.com/scollins77057/index.html

A guy at Raeford was telling of his friend that started jumping the same time he did. Except this guy liked to burn one on the way to the DZ. He had so much concentration that one day when he could't find his P/C handle because he was wearing gloves he started concentrating on removing the glove.He concentrated on removing this glove for the rest of his life.

Can you say urban legend? First, it's a friend-of-a-friend story, a telltale sign. The second thing, is if he didn't live through it, how does anybody know what he was concentrating on?
I agree with the moral of the story, but the story itself sets off my bullshit detector in a major way.

Good point- moral point good story a bit dubiest. Hey theres no harm in talking about it, hopefully anyone contemplating doing it would read this and realise the stupidity (by listening to experinces, stories and views) of it, equally if we didn't then maybe some might jump high because they never heard different, don't be scared to talk, atleast offer your side to it and allow people the opportunity to make up their own minds- with all sides of the story.
---- How about getting hands stamped to show 'under the influence' which would stop you from jumping for the rest of the day. Nah, just wait till last load then relax, think of the day and chill.
Rooftops and sunsets

"I agree with the moral of the story, but the story itself sets off my bullshit detector in a major way."
Apparently, he was found with one glove on the other half off. Regardless, it illustrates a point. You dont need anything impairing your perception of time while jumping. I think during emergencies I have enough problems without having my reaction times slowed by "interesting" chemicals.
"Gonna need...some cream for ya ass"-Chef/South Park
Clay

Please allow me to have a point of view. I have a past and am in no way a saint, but I feel compelled to post on this thread. First the reason folks have to wait till the beer light is on is to take all the questions out of the equation in the tragic event of a fatality. The FAA and the local cops will wonder what's up with all the drinking and jumping going on, even though the drinkers are not jumping. Now just think of it from a none jumping point of view if the news paper reads "jumper dies in drug induced stupor." It may seem over the edge, but remember the larger majority of people that effect the laws in this country I.E. voters don't use dope. The sport could suffer. You may not think weed is a big deal, but your normally surrounded by people with the same habits as yourself.
that's my . 02 worth
jumpervali-6yrs clean and sober