lewmonst

was anyone at the ranch today (sunday)??

I feel awful to be the first one to post this on dropzone.com, but we had a fatality at the Ranch this weekend. Lisa Gallagher, from Ohio, unfortunately passed away last night at 7 pm.
There's still no official determination of what happened. But what I saw was this: she hooked to prepare to swoop the pond, she was very close to the trees, and her canopy just collapsed and she fell down to the ground, at least 100 feet. No one knows if maybe one of her lines snapped or what. The general opinion seems to be that it had something to do with the thermals coming off the tops of the trees.. Hopefully some other people will post on this matter. I'm very very sorry.

Well hell :( I'm sorry guys to all of you who knew her.
I learned my lesson about thermals off trees a couple of months ago. I had no idea how far they could travel and how wicked they can be. Nearly hooked me into the ground..I was very lucky to have been able to counter quickly to keep from busting myself up.
My condolences to the family and friends, of course. :(
A new page! Bi-Plane pics!

basiaaa,
This is a sad loss to our community and to all those who jumped with Lisa. I only knew lisa a brief time, and the times we had ment could be counted on two hands, but she was a wonderful person. I remember the second time we ever ment, she was dishing out hugs and gave me one like we were old friends.... That night at dinner the whole gang of us had such a good evening. Lisa's death has brought a painfull silence to Xkeys... She will not be forgotten.
from what some folks have said that witnessed it it appeared that Lisa caught a weird thermal off of the tree tops and it caused the left side of her canopy to make that horrible snapping noise and collapse.
im a details type person, and having delt with trauma for a couple of years now (EMS) I wanted to know the details... from what ive been told (which i will not share on a public forum) i have gathered that lisa was not counscous, she did not realize what had happened to her. Her syptoms were ones that ive seen too many times, coming from too many people. I can honestly say that i do not believe she was aware of what was going on.
thats enough from me.