Dutchboy

More restrictions from the FAA

FAA is requiring part 91 operators (General Aviation) of aircraft over 12,500 lbs to implement new security procedures. I think the gross of a standard Otter is 11,600, but what are the Super Otter's limited too? I'm sure that some of the larger jump ships out there could be affected by this.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

Max takeoff weight of a CASA 212 is 17,857 Lbs. according to my info. What exactly are these new "security procerdures"? In any event I would think that a jump operation could get a waiver, for lack of a better word, to allow them to fly un-regulated but it's only a guess.

They are concerned that somebody will hijack a large GA aircraft and want passengers and luggage to be searched, etc.

Shit...does this mean we're gonna get hassled by security over our Cypres when we put our rigs through the x-ray just prior to boarding?! ;)
Mike

A Super Otter has a GTOW (Gross Takeoff Weight) of 12,500 exactly

Yep all Otters are 12,500 or less no matter what a scale might say...LOL. However, this may have some affect on Casas and Skyvans. Aren't Skyvans over 12.5?

I belive that once you go over 12,500 you also need two pilots. Our skyvan flys with one, so I'm guessing it's under 12,500.