hisgoofyness

Newbiance... I am

Hello to all that crave the wild blue yonder...
I am a southern guy that is new to this site as well as the sport. My feelings are this... I have found my calling in life!!!
I live just outside of Atlanta, and am looking forward to chatting and meeting as many of you as possible.
Take Care and Blue Skies
Hisgoofyness (a.k.a. Ben)

Ya dude, definitely change dz's...
If you go to SD Atlanta, tell Sue that April said hi!
If you go to Monroe...well, just don't mention my name. k? Thanks. :D
thank goodness I live in the beautiful state of Texas! I could get in WAAAYYY too much trouble if I was in GA!!
Sis
I feel so alive,for the very first time-and I think I can fly! - P.O.D.

is it a rareity for clay to have a good post
being new, i have to see where to place my trust and loyalty, within the members of this community
oh wait i forgot this is only the internet, i can be anyone, or believe in anyone
did you know superman was my dad...
anyway, do the regulars here get together very often?
hisgoofyness

Yes, SD Atlanta is in Thomaston. My opinion is that both Monroe and Thomaston are cool dz's with cool people. But if you really want to be blown away by coolness...come visit us in Texas!! .
BASE jumping before Cedartown!! hahahaha LOL good one, Clay!
Sis

LOL - I don't prefer Thomaston - I don't even live there. I just came down to visit a few times over the last year or so - first time I was there, I went to Cedartown - next time I was there I went to Monroe, and the third time, I went to Thomaston but didn't get to jump that day. So I am stepping out of this discussion - at least as far as this subject is concerned - I don't want to mislead you into thinking I am a regular there and know everyone. Just a few. There are a good number of Atlanta area jumpers on this forum who have already responded to you, and some who haven't yet. Good luck! Watch out for freeflier though (Clay) he'll get you into deep shit!! hahaha Just kidding.
Oh what I did at Monroe? Nothing that's a big deal. Typical dropzone drama - got drunk and got into an argument with someone (well more than one someone's) anyway, that happens at almost every dz on a regular basis. :) I am not banned from there or anything. LOL
Sis

"do the regulars here get together very often?"
We've had a couple get togethers. One at the Atlanta Free Flight Festival and another in Texas. I think the standing record is an 8 way of all DZ.commers.
No Skygod's at SD Atlanta. The very first time I went there I hadn't hardly walked in the door and got invited on a Doug 8 way. They have great coaching for both RW (Doug Glover from Nemesis) and Free Fly (John Pinyon from Wicked Liquid) plus a whole bunch of friendly people. We hang out around the fire pit and swill beer after the sunset load. There is always an Otter there and we occasionally break out Wendel's Cessna. It's one of the best DZ's I have ever been to. In all fairness I can't really say too much about Monroe or Rome. I have been to both DZ's but didn't get to jump at either. I went to Monroe when the Casa was there and just as I was getting ready for the load it came back with one prop....Whoops...I went to Rome a couple weeks ago and it was cloudy. They were only taking the Porter to 6000 Ft and I had a Cessna sitting on the runway that needed the Hobbs meter run. They both look like great places. Get away from Cedar Town and come see what a real skydiving community is all about. :)"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

"classifieds on this site"
That's a great place to start. I also suggest surfing "Skykat.com" or "Square1.com" (Got ya a plug Lisa) both are great places with awesome customer service and good stuff in stock. If you buy stuff out of the classifieds make sure you get it COD and make some arrangements to have a rigger check it out. Maybe even have it shipped to a rigger first.
"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

Welcome, Ben! I live in Atlanta, and jump in Rome at Atlanta Airsportz as well- I think it's an excellent DZ-- we have a terrific bunch of people that like to jump with everyone, a cool Porter to jump, and a huge landing area with plenty of outs. The DZOs honestly care about the people, too- they always check to make sure everyone's safe and accounted for on each load, and I can personally vouch for their quick, calm and efficient reactions if an injury occurs there. Check out all the DZs; each has a different and distinct personality. You'll find easily where you're comfortable :)Brokeneagle.
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says...

Hey 'goofyness
This would be a good weekend to try out Rome (airsportz.com) if you haven't been there before. It's an awsome DZ and they treat new faces and new jumpers great. Not to mention you'll get to meet at least one cool DZ.com'er. Me, but there will be others as well.
Blue Skies
Dan