freeflir29

Isn't this interesting..

http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/fp.asp?layout=displaynews&doc_id=NR20020131670.4_5c0c000276f5ead5
Especially since I got a call from a recruiter that was trying to hook me up with an E-2C Hawkeye crew slot just a couple weeks ago. I think someone is counting on this stuff resuming......:)"It's the cans..they're defective. Stay away from the cans"-Steve Martin
Clay

I find it strange that we can go kick the crap out of a little country in the middle east, but we can't curb the very bad drug trafficing problems from S. America...the politics of it all is staggering. Personally I feel like that crap is another form of terrorism, tearing away at the fabric of America.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

There would'nt be a drug problem if people did'nt want to do drugs! We live in a country founded on the ideals of freedom (or so they say). Really though, with all of the U.S.'s technology why can't we stop the drug smugglers?
MONEY!
michael hunt (yes, that is my real name...and i've heard them all)

"MONEY!"
True DAT as some say...It's just like prohibition. There are just too many people that want to use the drugs #1 and #2 the amount of money...while not as high as it once was is still very powerful.
"It's the cans..they're defective. Stay away from the cans"-Steve Martin
Clay

So, you're saying that money, not moral obligations and ethics actually drives our world?
Yeah, unfortunitly, democracy doesn't lend it's self to going psycho on stuff like this...but there's a lot of stuff in the plus column for democracy too...
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

China was very effective for a while in cutting down on drug abuse. They did this by executing people convicted of drug offences, even addicts who were only hurting themselves. They've softened up on that recently. Now AIDS is on the rise along with IV (and other) drug use. But who wants to live in China, then or now? Kind of a thorny issue all-around.
I say, fuck it, let's keep shooting the planes down. I mean, high reward means high risk, by definition. But I definitely don't agree with the number of non-dangerous drug USERS we put in jail. Ridiculous is the mildest word I can think of for that.
Joe