Papcio

audible altimeter - which?

Papcio

Hello Skydivers
As i am pretty new in Business an i want to buy a skydiving computer.
As you know there is few different ones and that is why i am asking you which is the best and why?
Thank you for advice.

Hey Papcio,
i have a L&B SOLO in my helmet and use additionaly the
N3-AUDIO.
The N3 requires you to wear Earbuds, it will "talk" to you
during freefall and tell you "10-housand, 9 thousand .. and so on every 1000 ft, until it yells at you "DEPLOY".

To me this is a great thing, i heard others that would not like it - a nice extra (although i never used it) is you can patch
Music into that N3 Audio and listen to Music - most people i have heard think it is a BAD IDEA - i would maybe do it in a
high pull and only if i know i am the only one up there.

The N3 Audio also logs all your Jumps, and you can import them to "Paralog" as a electronic Logbook, it however has NO VISUAL ALTIMETER / it just does AUDIBLE

If you just look for a "beeper" you cannot go wrong with the L&B Solo II - easy to set and very small - if fits in tight spaces and is loud !

I use L & B SoloII, OptimaII and Quattro.
-The SoloII gives you a basic dytter, with 3 freefall alarms.

-The OptimaII gives you 3 freefall alarms and 3 canopy alarms that works as a guide for your landing pattern, and your swoop setup when (if) you wanna get into that some day. You can also set things like volume, and it has the option of setting up different altitudes for different jumps, save them, and easily select on the way to altitude.
-
The Quattro is basically the OptimaII with an extra free fall alarm.

All these dieters turn on automatically when the plane starts climbing on your first load of the day.

Hands down best products and by far the best customer service in the industry!
https://icarusanddaedalusadventures.blogspot.com/

skydivex3m

All these dieters turn on automatically when the plane starts climbing on your first load of the day.

Careful with that. None of them "turn on" when the plane starts climbing:

-Optima II (and I think Solo II as well, but I didn't check it) will switch to "airborne mode" when the plane starts climbing, if it was already on. The screen will turn off after 14 hours, but the device will still be turned on. If you turn it off manually it will not turn on/switch to airborne mode automatically on climbing.

-ProTrack will switch to "airborne mode" when the plane starts climbing, if it was already on. In automatic mode it will never turn off automatically. In economic mode it will turn off automatically after 14 hours. If the device was turn off (either automatically when in eco mode or manually) it will not turn on/switch to airborne mode automatically on climbing.

As a side note, regardless of how you operate your devices, I think it is a good idea to check them before getting into the airplane and not just assume that they'll work "automagically".