Monk

Bear w/ Me. I'm going to whine!

Good ta hear from ya Monk!!
Ok word's from a wise (ass) older Man,, now I know "good" jobs for pilots are competitive and hard ta come buy,, from what I read between the lines ya'd rather be flying then push paper,, sounds like ya have some connections there and that counts for a lot,, don't even think of gettin married at this point!! Geeze to much shit goin on now ta think about a lifelong commintment!! Don't make any rash decisions 'till after the Easter Boogie in Eloy cuz me an some friends will be there,, I'll buy ya the first beers and let ya know what it's like when ya marry for the wrong reasons!!
Billy
PS,, My dog Kitty gets along fine with my Bird and Spring is coming to the NW,, Any news Wingnut on when you'll be up??

What's that old saying? If you love someone, let her go...if she comes back to you, she's yours, if she doesn't, she never was.
As far as the job goes, do what feels right, and what you think will make you happy. Sometimes going outside of your comfort zone is the hardest step of all, and then after that everything falls into place.
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

I think Skymama,s sig and her first line pretty much sum it up.
Seem,s to me she has you hanging like a puppet, pulling all the string,s.
If you were/are the one she would have made her mind up long ago, she obviously has a few problem,s regarding other peoples feeling,s.
There are plenty more fish in the sea. tight lines :D
If it's got tit's or wheel,s..it's trouble.

OK, I know I don't know you, but just thought I would throw in a couple of things for you to ponder (I have been in a similar situation). The "answer" is not the same for everyone...its all up to what YOU are willing to take/endure. It sounds vaguely like this girl wants to have her cake and eat it too. Someone from her past is stirring up the waters, well, guess what, it happens often. She is appeasing him by taking time off from you (it sounds like). Do you want to be with someone who does that or someone who says I dont care what we had, I am with someone I love and am going to marry, etc, etc, crawl back into the whole you came out of! I mean, when you are married, is she going to react the same if someone else starts stirring things up? And again, and again? In my humble opinion, you need to explore your feelings/needs.
As far as the job goes, I would stick to what kept me happy, it is sooo much more valuable (and hard to find) than a big check. If you are even considering a drastic change, doesnt that tell you something?? Tough spot to be in, but remember, there are no stumbling blocks in life, only stepping stones! You don't know what (or who) else might be out there.
PS. I dont want this to sound preachy, but just to get you to ask yourself the tough questions.

If you have to ask the question, cutaway and move to Southern California.
I did it for six years, rigging in various lofts and doing tandems on weekends.
Pilot seats are harder to come by on SoCal DZs, but fortunately there are hundreds of civy pilot seats.
To update, Skip's DC-3s and Beech 18 are mainly used for tourism and Hollywood.
The Perkins family no longer runs the Elsinore DZ. The political history of Elsinore management would fill several pages! Larry Perkins is an A&P who owns a small fleet of Cessnas in partnership with Bob "BJ" Jones. Eco Flight's Cessnas may not have much paint, but Larry keeps the engines and brakes in good shape. Since Hemet closed, they have been leasing their planes to various small DZs in SoCal and Nevada.
Elsinore is now run by John Hamilton and Carl Gulch. Carl Gulch is the chief pilot and they run a pair of Super Otters.
Politics are even thicker at California City. Van Pray runs a Twin Otter at his DZ at the West end of Cal. City.
Bob and Judy Celaya operate various Cessnas and twin turbines at their DZ at the East end of Cal. City. The Celayas also operate a satellite school at 29 Palms.
You might want to talk to Buzz Fink, the dude whose Otay Mesa DZ serves San Diego. Last thing I heard, Buzz traded his Beech 99 for a Twin Otter.
Perris Valley DZ is run by the Conatser family. They operate a trio of Twin Otters and a Skyvan.
P.S. Sticking your dick in an arrogant, greedy Orange County princesses is like sticking it in a light socket. The fucking you get in the short run is not worth the fucking you get in the long run.
Hope this helps

What's that old saying? If you love someone, let her go...if she comes back to you, she's yours, if she doesn't, she never was.

Huh.. and all these years I thought it was: "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you probably high-sided."
(ok, so maybe 3 people that read that might see the humor in it. the rest of you just nod and grin)
Never argue with stupid people.They just drag you down 2 their level & beat you with experience