GrumpySmurf

Jump 100..Yay!

Knocked off Jumps 99, 100, and 101 today at SDC in squirrely winds.
For #100, took part in a 4-way freefly jump involding 1 and 2 kneelocked (I was '2'), 3 trained onto 2 and 4 was a dive out - we had a mix of sit, stand, and headdowns (depending on skill level). 101 was a simple 2 way belly fly through a few thousand feet of ice cystals (ouch, ouch, ouch...) followed by the wind shifting from the S, to the E, back to S all within 30 feet of the ground - I got to plow 15 feet of farmers field/mud with the right side of my body from that one. Then got to pop my reserve for the first time to have it repacked - almost took the monitor off the desk at ActiveWear with the reserve pilot chute. Opps.
Since I had to come back home tonight - the beer shall be bought next weekend at the SDC Winter Expo - recommendations?

Congrats.
In other news, you missed the first SDC DZ.com rw jump.
Myself and skymedic hooked up for a two way. Sunshine had to sit on the sidelines due to a head cold. Despite major fall rate issues (skymedic drops like a friggin SAFE), we scored 7 points. Average freefall speed, 125MPH.
Next week at Winter Expo, we're putting togeather a 9 way to take the DZ.com record. I'm told a bunch are comming up from Archway, Chicagoland, Skydive Illinois, plus a few SDC regulars. Details to follow, I'm sure.
Congrats on the 100 jumps. Let's make sure to hookup next weekend.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Yeah. He was in a freefly suit, I was in my cotton rw suit, and I still flowted inbetween grips. I thought I fell fast...
Is this a record? A perfectly good thread hijacked on the first post?
Sorry Grumpy Smuf. 100 jumps is a pretty cool milestone. Question: Did your 4 way start off as a 3 way, and you added a fourth in the plane? Was the 4th Will? I think we were on the same load...
My 100th was a 10 way star that funnelled on exit.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

So you guys did that today?
I remember one 2-way belly fly on one of the loads - Load 2 I think, around 1330 hrs.
Falls like a safe, eh? - As we discovered today, that even though I'm 210 out the door, I float! Guess I better start chowin' down on my Wheaties to gain weight, to keep up? ;)

Yep!
That would be it. Pretty much adlib'd on the way up. Ok, now I remember you guys, I was the one in the royal blue/ash silver flyfly outfit and rig, who was trying to work out who would go where and in what order.
Nah, no need to appologize. It's an open forum, and it's kewl to see folk from SDC who 'live' here.

Is this a record? A perfectly good thread hijacked on the first post?

nah i think i hijacked a few of my own posts before i even posted em! and i know clay must've highjacked at least one(hundred):)getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

you know that is too strange.....maybe if I had my rig on you could of figured out who it was....but I had that rental stuff....
That is the only problem with this place is you can talk to someone on line and unless you make sure you actualy know them you could have no clue who they are face to face....
did have fun today.....even though I was fukn freezen......
marc
"...a mind stretched with new idea's will never regain its shape"

Congrats Grumpy!
*there's nothing behind my back...* SMACK! Consider yourself virtually pied!
And Andy... better get that 9 way done early Saturday morning cuz the record will be in California before sunset!! :P
pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?