ltdiver

Birds Fly, You Aren't!

Was leaving the dz on Sunday night, after a wonderful day of team training, when we looked up in the night sky and saw an awesome sight! A beautiful Snowy Owl in full flight just above! Silent in it's flight, it winged it's way over the hanger and disappeared. A deep sigh escaped us both and we longed to be up there with him.
Have any of you experienced flying with something so majestic? Either in freefall -or- under canopy? It's an awesome feeling indeed (and humbling,too). I've been under canopy with a Red-Tailed hawk playing along side. I think he was teasing me :^).
Here's one of my most favorite stories from skydiver and story writer, Kevin O'Connell. One of his experiences? :^0.
See: http://groups.google.com/[email protected]
ltdiver

when i was a 100+ jumps i was under my falcon 175
when i looked to my right and saw a falcon flying with me he stayed there fo about a minuet then banked right
as to say thanks for being up here with me
a moment ill never forget
what a georgous bird!!
this space for rent........

I was about 400-500 ft above someone else under canopy on a sunset. from my angle I watched this guy fly in formation with a flock of geese (well, it was probably just the angle , but really cool nontheless)
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....