fatz

I'm a newbie

It is more about flying skills compared to the other people in the dive. A swooper is one of the last people to exit the plane and dives / swoops / flies to the formation. Bigger people...me included...are usually in the base or are the ones that other people swoop to because their vertical fall rate is usually faster.
Nathan

a swooper is someone who jumps out of the plane after the main part of the formation does. they have to fall faster in order to get close the distance and dock with the main formation (aka the base) the reason they won't let dave swoop is b/c they are afraid he won't be able to slow down before he plows into it. after all he is a texan and couldn't hit air if he fell on it!!! ;) ;) just a joke dude don't get all rouled up.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

Weight matters.

Well, technically, fall rate matters. And fall rate is a factor of weight & drag. So yeah, the heavier you are, the more drag you need and the lighter you are, the less drag (and sometimes more weight) you need.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

he won't be able to slow down before he plows into it.

For the last time, its POWERDOCKING, not crashing, and its something that has taken jump after jump training to get good at...:D
"That shit's gonna kill ya if the women don't get you first..."

dude that would be cool as hell but we would have to set up a bunch of checks and stuff to make sure that the info if acurate. would we jump seperatlly or or have like a two way race?

hey you were right behind me when they had my shirt up. but as seen in the picture you were going for a beer. I geuss we all know where your priorities lie. :D