Darth_Vader

Canopy colors options (poll)

Darth_Vader

Sparky - I agree with the studies and they do make a lot of sense.

My question is how do you adopt this for the surrounding environment - in the desert its quite hard to see a yellow/orange canopy from above as it blends in quite nicely (I attached some pics above).

Thanks.

7 cells, 7 colors. All good B|
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Darth_Vader

Clicky.

I think you will find an orange canopy is pretty easy to find. I have chopped this one in several different types of ground cover. Always easy to find.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Cable0004-2.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

My option would be Black end cells, and the red top skin, why:

Canopy normally drops on the end cells. Come dry season, black will hold colour best when dirt hits.

Red topskin, purely for visibility. Try spot a white top skin, after some years. It is not white anymore, and it blends in, over 90% of earth like surfaces. One of my team mates had one, always had to tripple check everywhere, cause the canopy would "dissapear" right below or in front of me due to background blending, and not, this was not in snow, but a build up area.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Sparky: you were spot on re Orange jumpsuit and canopy... sweet stuff! For me in Dubai it will look just like that looking up, but looking down it will be harder to see blended with the desert - for that actually blue is most visible in my experience...
Also, one time a dude demoed an Optimum - was hard seeing him from above.

potatoman: its always a dry season here... I am leaning towards as red with black end cells. might have one white or extra black for direction orientation - now trying to figure out
The Power of the Dark Side

Boogers

*** Possibly effecting... I dunno... I dont see it...

Okay, I get it now, you're really just guessing and have no actual facts about this subject.

Yes, if you paraphrase a couple words out of every sentence it would appear so.

Unless you're jumping on Mars or wearing oddly tinted sunglasses I don't think you can make a case that yellow or orange is hard to see from above.

Even on FS bigway videos I can easily pick out my orange rig in a sea of people as tiny as it is relatively speaking.

You are overthinking this and/or shopping for an opinion to justify your decision (whatever it is). Pick whatever you want as it's obvious that actual facts aren't going to sway your decision. :|

NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

mattjw916: Dubai desert does look a bit like mars from above (see attached how yellow just blends in)

I was not over thinking or shopping - I had 4 designs in mind and just made a poll which people like the most .... aaaaand... then it escalated into discussion on visibility, contrast, fading,...

Thanks for the input and the pointing out that safety and facts should prevail over vanity and style - agree with that (but not sure how much I abide by it [:/] )

Cheers,
Chris

The Power of the Dark Side

shift

****** Possibly effecting... I dunno... I dont see it...

Okay, I get it now, you're really just guessing and have no actual facts about this subject.

Yes, if you paraphrase a couple words out of every sentence it would appear so.

It's not just a couple of words, it's entire sentences. You assume that black will "absorb" more sunlight. You assume that this is bad in some way. You can't tell us why this is "bad".

Decades of experience has shown that orange is actually the color most likely to fade and weaken the worst due to sunlight exposure.

Darth_Vader

mattjw916: Dubai desert does look a bit like mars from above (see attached how yellow just blends in)

I was not over thinking or shopping - I had 4 designs in mind and just made a poll which people like the most .... aaaaand... then it escalated into discussion on visibility, contrast, fading,...

Thanks for the input and the pointing out that safety and facts should prevail over vanity and style - agree with that (but not sure how much I abide by it [:/] )

Cheers,
Chris

You're the one who set up the conversation to include safety as a factor. If you'd decided you "didn't abide by it" then just put up a poll saying "which one of these combinations do you think looks the coolest?" or just order the fecking canopy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

shift

I like either of the last two. I think the sun would have more of an effect on the black skins. I'm also a fan of having asymmetrical colors, makes identifying the left/right quicker (think line twists or a big pile of canopy on the ground).

I think this looks nice as well, more sporty to me (see attachment).

Are you saying the only way you'll know if you have line twists is if your asymmetrical canopy looks like it's the wrong way round when you open and look up? And also asymmetrical wears unevenly, especially if you have white in there.