PhreeZone

Airlines and parachutes....(My Funny)

So.. I'm getting ready to travel a bit and I call up an airline asking for written documentation on their carryon policy so if needed I can present it and still carry it on board. First agent I talk to is "Sir, I'm sorry but we do not allow our passengers to carry parachutes onboard" and promptly "drops me" during the call transfer when I ask to speak to her supervisor.(I used to work in a call center both as an agent\trainer and on the technical phone\PC side, I know an accident compaired to a "Leave me alone drop"... that was a drop :)Lessons learned... never assume that the person on the other end of the phone knows A DAMN THING about the business they work for or how to get you that info..... Also... its fun to play with peoples heads by telling them you don't fully trust thier pilots :D
As for the actual traveling, I'll be going as low, under the radar as possible, but its better to be prepared then it is to have the rig taken away.....
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend... ~3EB

in response to: As for the actual traveling, I'll be going as low, under the radar as possible, but its better to be prepared then it is to have the rig taken away.....
and calling the airline is definately one way to do that?

You didn't actually give your name or any other inforamtion, did you?
And most of the time getting past security is where problems happen (if they do)
------
My funny story:
Sitting at the airport in cinci with my rig on a seat next to me (in the terminal, it wasn't in a gear bag that time) and he asked me if I always flew with a parachute. I just said "uh.. yeah" - thought about adding "Flying scares me" or something like that, but decided to leave it alone.
There's a vacant sign that's hanging high
But at least you're not alone

Nope... They got non of my personal info, what did ya think, I'd give them my reservation number to ask? ;). After having 2 prior "Incidents" with this Airline, I'm getting everything in Writing before I show up at the airport. First time they took my laptop since when they swabed it at the metal detectors (Pre 9/11) they found explosive residue on it. WTF??? Thing had never left work before that trip. Got it back after having to power it up and show it was a working laptop and taking the battey out and stuff. (POS Toshiba...) Second time (return flight, same trip) was my Palm Pilot was deemed suspious on the XRay and they took the entire laptop case aside and went thought it wit a fine toothcomb. Ever since then I've carried documents saying what is allowed on board. And don't get me started about my dress shoes and airport securty....
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend... ~3EB

Phree: one of the chemicals the explosives sensors look for are nitrates (ie fertiliser).....
And funny thing is, I have been once covered from head to toe with emulsion explosive. That was before random checks, but I'm sure if someone would have stuck a Qtip down ny ear, they could have found some.. lol (and before anyone freaks out, the critical diameter of that bulk emulsion is about 10 cm, so an earfull was no danger... lol)
Remster
Muff 914