jceman

Needed At Every DZ

Found on Netscapes News Site
LONDON (Reuters) - Drink up that beer -- another will soon be whisked to the table thanks to a hi-tech pint glass that tells bar staff when it needs refilling.
Developed by a Japanese electronics company, the intelligent glass is fitted with a radio-frequency coil in its base and emits a signal to a receiver set in the table when it's empty, New Scientist magazine reported Thursday.
The iGlassware system works by coating each glass with a clear, conducting material, enabling it to measure exactly how much liquid has been sipped or guzzled.
When empty, the glass sends an electronic cry for more beer from the table to waiters equipped with hand-held computers on frequencies similar to those used by mobile phones.
A team from the Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories working in Cambridge, Massachusetts has made the first prototypes, but may find it hard to sell the idea to Britons.
"It sounds like a fun idea, but I don't think it would work in our pubs," said a spokesman for J.D. Wetherspoon, which runs over 500 pubs in Britain.
"The tradition in Britain is to get up and go to the bar for a round of drinks, not to have a waiter bring beers to the table, no matter how quickly," he said.

A woman shouldn't need a fancy device to know when your glass is empty!!! She should sit quietly in the background patiently waiting to serve you more beer as soon as the glass is under half full......:)"I'm a danger to myself and everyone around me!"-Clay

She should sit quietly in the background patiently waiting to serve you more beer as soon as the glass is under half full

Hmm... Perhaps this is yet another piece in the "why Clay can't seem to get laid" puzzle...
pull & flare,
lisa

She should sit quietly in the background patiently waiting to serve you more beer as soon as the glass is under half full

Now if Clay was a pessimist he would have said 'half empty' but being an optimistic type he says 'half full'. With that sort of outlook he's bound to get laid! ;)
Whooooohooooo!!! Hahahaha!!!