airann

NO Jumping- unless you are USPA Member

yeah, it sucks that we have to have driver's licenses as well, doesn't it? damn the DOT and DPSOA for requiring that.

Wouldn't it be the legislature that requires the license, and the DOT.... no they don't.... it would be the DPS, enforce the laws.....DPSOA is a fund for DPS officer hurt or killed on duty, like the 100 club in Houston, I don't think they can require anything.

Look, dude, I think you're missing the point--Phree's home DZs are not GMs and do not require jumpers to be members of the USPA. This means he can skydive, coach, instruct, do tandems, or whatever he wants at those places *without being a USPA member*. He also disagrees with the USPA GM program. Therefore, he has decided not to give them his money. He has no reason to. If he jumped regularly at DZs which required jumpers to be USPA members, then I'm sure he would be one. That's a big reason most of us are. That's all there is to it.
M

rgoper: I am a USPA member. D-19012. I choose to travel around and SDC requires membership to jump. USPA Nationals requires both items. D-License and membership. I choose to protest the GM program in different ways. But, that still doesn't change the fact that Phree has the right to protest in the manner that he does. Plus, I like Parachutist cuz I'm in there every once in awhile. It's all about me.
Last word from you on this? Ok. I just feel you are mixing membership and safe, law abiding skydiving. They are not the same. If the DZ doesn't think it's worth it for their jumpers to have the third party liablility insurance then so be it. They'll have to deal with the consequences. If I owned a DZ it would be a non-GM and I WOULD require individual membership to jump. But that's me.
Chris

We can do a lot of cool things skydiving, because we are pretty self-regulated. That means we have the responsibility to make our own decisions to not do stupid things. If we just handed over all the decisions to the government, we would lose that privilege, and our sport would be lessened because of it.

And that's why I'm a USPA member. I may not agree with everything the organization does but they will continue to get $40 of my money every year. I know that if they hadn't been there on numerous occasions in the past when skydiving in the US was threatened with governmental regulation we'd be real lucky to be able to jump at all, much less have the freedom to jump without a helmet, AAD, shoes, clothes, altimeter... Plus I like the magazine, I like knowing that the third party insurance _should_ cover my ass if I ever screw up and damage someone else's property, and I like getting awards.
Does that mean I think phree should have to renew his membership? Nope. I respect his right to protest the GM program by not being a member - I'm sure he's considered the things he won't have by not being a member. Although phree - you should get the D license before your current membership expires; D numbers are way cooler than C numbers ;)
pull & flare,
lisa
[subliminal msg]My website Go Now[/subliminal msg]

Although phree - you should get the D license before your current membership expires; D numbers are way cooler than C numbers

Yeah... i got everything but the second night jump and personally.... I don't think I'll be getting that at the next time that night jumps are offered on Memorial Day boogie ;) I have until August 30th to do it so its all good :)

are you a member of USPA? do you hold a liscense?

the only reason I have a membership is because I have to not because I want to....a very BIG difference......
if USPA dropped there GM program I would support them more...but since they wont....I am not happy having to pay to play.....
Cheers....vasbyt
marc
"I have no fear of falling, I just hate hitting the ground"-The Badlees...

Don
You can check the DZ database on this site.
The Skydiver's Enclave also has a decent list of DZs (USPA and non) at http://www.enclave.com/links/pages/United_States_Drop_Zones/
And if all else fails, go to your favorite search engine and search for the state you're in (or near) and "dropzone" and see what turns up. Most DZs have at least some sort of web site.
I do not cheat at Euchre

Dove:
how do you know she showed up with a current logbook? were you there? this is my home D.Z. so they play by the rules, you got a problem with that? levin covered this in his posts, and this is no offense to ann, but i believe you DON'T know all the facts. - - - - - - - - - - this D.Z. would never do anything to turn away any customer, providing they were within limits, i know first hand.

Richard- Sorry wrong again, you know nothing first hand. I have a log book and it goes everywhere my gear bag goes. It is not up to date as I would like it to be. But it wouldnt take 10 minutes and a print out to fix that.
Regarding membership vs. Temp membership-- so I could jump that day- It wasnt offered. Just the renewal.
Also, I had another issue that had to be taken care of and its between Andre and me. And if Andre would have been around when I got back from the ATM he would have insisted that I stay and jump. Matter of fact, I was told later he said he was going to call me and say just that. (phone is our of order)
I was jumping SDH long before you showed up. And I am not banned at any DZ - You are. I had my cutaway at SDH at jump 118, Yohaun picked me up in the van. I have spent a lot of time there and have many friends.
Also, I helped legal counsel represent SDH in a court case, I sat right there at the defense table with the DZO and counsel. My windshield is still broken because the Otter tow bar was put in my car as evidence. I know more about the goings on at this and other dropzones than you or any regular jumper will ever know. That is because it is a business. And those are private matters.
I am well respected at this dropzone and any other I have ever been to. The people you talk about, maintain that they dont even know your name. But you continue to talk as you do, what you dont know is that you are hurting the dropzone more than you are helping it.
At this moment you have alienated yourself. Nobody wants to go to SDH and be confronted by you or your thoughts. Even though a ton of my friends are there, I certainly stayed away when you were threatening to beat up Zennie and Slappie.
I simply request that you stay as far away from me as possible and dont quote me or mention my name. And I would appreciate you not talking to my friends as you do. I am sure that you will undoubtably mention that you contributed to my house fund, as you have to others. Go ahead. But you can not buy good taste or manners, apparently.

this is my home D.Z. so they play by the rules, you got a problem with that?

By this threat, what you mean is.... because you are there the rules inforced -or- you mean maybe- you know that they are inforced cause you are there all the time?
Well, you know that little sign by the Crew Dog Camp that refers to No Alcoholic Beverages........
Regarding Levins post- There was something he didnt know as well. And Andre would have let me jump anyway..... but then the rules "might" have been broken.... but then you were not there.. sorry no first hand anything about me or anything else.
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Anyone want a Kitten?

>I simply request that you stay as far away from me as possible and dont
>quote me or mention my name.
Just as a suggestion - if that's your goal, replying to his posts in a public forum will not help matters. Any argument requires two people willing to argue; either one can stop it at any time by simply refusing to do it any more.
-bill von

>Hell... at USPA DZ's you can get the STA to sign you off to teach most things....
Well, not really. You could get the DZ cat to sign you off to teach things, and it would be just as "legal" (i.e. neither cats nor USPA S+TA's are authorities in the eyes of the law.) But S+TA's cannot waive the requirement that students be supervised by rated instructors.
-bill von

Well.... you can get the equilelent of your coach rating with a simple signature from the STA so...... and I believe that the STA can determine who can teach the FJC's so you might have had your BIC and since thats expired now... you could still teach the classes but have no active rating...
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

>you could still teach the classes but have no active rating...
As long as there is an instructor supervising, yes. That often gets stretched the same way packing does - as long as there's a rigger on the dropzone theoretically supervising, anyone can pack a main. But you have to have the instructor. You can't just get some experienced jumpers to teach an FJC and take someone on their first jump if you can't find an instructor, no matter how many signatures you get from an S+TA.
-bill von

Ann:
rant on, i will not engage in another war with you, EVER. i made it clear from the original posts that it was not intended to be a "flame" war. you always have to have a vandetta, be it animals, women's causes or whatever, please don't make me a victim again. about your log book, your right, i don't know anything about it, except what you yourself have stated in these very forums previously, and it was those posts that i made reference to. your also telling me things about a tow bar at SDH, i wish to know nothing about, lawsuits? and as far as your house fund, when i contributed, i asked to remain anonymous, thanks........never again. maybe i ought to post some of your not so old e-mails to me in these forums, where i was your "buddie" wouldn't THAT be interesting? my, how time changes things. as far as the BS you've posted here, you could've pm'd me all that, instaed of making a "big deal" out of it. but NOOOOOOOOOOOO c ya
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"