orbital

When doing 10-ways mutli purpose jumps, how doyou.

To avoid colliding, at the end of the jump everybody turns away from each other and does something called tracking. This is a bit of an oversimplification, but basically you just put your arms to your side and point your toes. This gives you enough horizontal speed to move away from each other and be in your own airspace when you pull.
Check out this video: ftp://ftp.skydivingmovies.com/RW/DZcom10-wayRecord.wmv
It shows a whole 10-way from beginning to end.
--
Brian

Nowadays, tracking is less and less important. This is due to the fact that most people do whats called Freeflying, which really is uncontrolled falling. This usually results in the people on a jump being spread across the skies, hence making seperation. :D
Remster
Muff 914

Long time ago at my old home DZ the DZO used to say before every jump "You know if Sebastien see's anyone on this skydive it'll be the best jump he ever had!" Thats what I think about whenever I see people freeflying...........:D
SEBAZZ.......

To avoid colliding, at the end of the jump everybody turns away from each other and does something called tracking. This is a bit of an oversimplification, but basically you just put your arms to your side and point your toes.

You can check it out in the movie, "Cutaway". Oh,wait a minute, that's right, there really wasn't a lot of tracking away it that movie, was there?:P
flyhiB|