AiRpollUtiOn

Skydiving is dangerous!

Yesterday was a holliday here in Belgium, but I had completely forgot about that so I brought my rig to my rigger on monday.
Unable to jump myself I volunteered to be ground-crew for an exhibition jump at a soccer tournament.
I took the wrong exit off the highway, and it took me very long to get there.
When finally arived I could allready hear our cessna 206 approaching and so I rushed to the landing spot to ignite a smoke-pod.
When jumping over a little fence I hurt my knee pretty bad!
Result: I'm on a 2 day sick-leave (and enjoying it!)
My doctor told me I could leave the house so I'm planning a trip to Rotterdam tomorrow, there's this rigging and suits shop out there, just going over for a coffee and a gearbag!
You see, we all know that the skydive-related activities are more dangerous than the actual skydive.
(We see the white tunnel every time when crossing a particular road on the way back from the DZ to the airstrip for example)
Maybe this is a lame story, but I was wondering if anyone had similar stories, hopefully funny ones!
Will jump for beer, bs AiRpollUtiOn

I learned that stretching is important when I was catching a tandem one day. They were going to land short so I took off running across the field and I oulled the sme two muscles in both legs. It hurt to walk, sit, lay down for two days. I did not jump that weekend only because I was out of shape and I could not run 100 yards.:)

I knew I caught it but didn't feel a thing till after I finished packing, I walked to my car like a total spaz, went to the Doctor = no sex for a week (I can live with that, my girlfriend aint the pretty) = no drink for a week (bad news because I'm an alcoholic) BUT NO FUC*$*G SKYDIVING FOR A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One good thing though, the pills I got PLUS Vodka felt like I was in freefall ALL the time : )
"Skydiving's a source, it'll change your life, swear to God"

Sorry to hear about your DZ, where is it?
After my first( did I say first, I ment second, no beer) ff jump, I just wanted to get back up & really feel the breeze, man it was a cool feeling, the video must have been malfunctioning coz I looked like I diden't know what the hell I was doing : )
Great fun though

Dude ya gotta start moving North
I lived in London for near on 30 years, I went to Langer (Nott's) for a quick visit, loved the place & the people at the dz were fantastic, moved there within a month, I have some very fuzzy memories (It's all party time there).
Because of some of the people I meet there I reliesd that the world is a very small place, the biggist lesson I learned is, Carp Diem (spelling, sorry) sieze the day.
I now live a fantastic life in the South of France jumping all over the place outta some really cool planes,
THANKS LANGER, & the people (you know who you are)

1995 My buddy the D.Z.O and myself were teaching a large static-line class of more than 20 students. We are on the emergency procedures part of the class and I just finished putting the first student in the training harness hanging from the hanger roof. I was standing on the second rung of a 3 foot step ladder and I said to all the students "Now watch this" and at that point I MEANT to hop off the ladder but instead of me pushing off of the ladder the ladder went out from under me and I fell backwards and instead of P.L.Fing I put my arm down to catch my fall. VERY WRONG move! I broke my arm in 6 places, 4 dislocations and 2 fractures. It was very disfigured. I hit the ground, jumped up and cradled my arm in my oversized T-Shirt almost instantly. I looked at all the students and I think all had their mouths open in disbelief. I looked at my buddy and said "I broke my fucking arm" he looked at me and said "You broke your fucking arm" I looked at him again after looking at my arm and said "It's really fucking bad" and he looked at me and said "It's really fucking bad" I then looked at him again and said "Quit fucking repeating me" and we both kinda just looked at each other and then he yelled at a student to go get help and the Stu ran out yelling "Roy broke his fucking arm and it's really fucking bad and he needs help!". I went through 2 surgerys and did 6 days in the hospital and to this day it is still messed up. The question that caused many disagreements around the camp fire is "Is this a skydiving related injury??..lol.. Hope you lol about this but more importantly I hope all realize how dangerous those ladders are. Blue Ones...Roy.. A.K.A. ZINGER .... P.S. I was told later that all the stu's jumped and did great P.L.F Landings.

Oh my god, that's the funniest injury story I've ever heard, and it makes me feel better about screwing up my last PLF!!!
As for me, I just remember coming back to the hanger after my first jump with the parachute in my arms so I couldn't see well. I went to put my chute in the pile with the others and tripped over a little step and crash on top of all the parachutes. OK, I didn't get injured but I remember thinking it's really ironic to fall from 3000 feet and be fine and then crash while walking into the hanger! :D
Gale
Life's not worth living if you can't feel alive

what about the partying *after* jumping? that's always what does me in...
no shit, there i was, should have died...we're racing the golf cart up and down the runways last couch freaks well after hours. so there were 10 of us on it or so and needless to say there were many factors involved: beer, fireworks, high speeds, more beer.
i fell off during a tight corner and got my foot caught in the wheel well. twisted my ankle/leg all to hell, but that didn't stop me from jumping. very traumatic :)hell i know there are other skydiving-related activity mishaps, this one just comes to mind...
boogies - the danger does not stop until you fall asleep!

I once was leaving the campfire in a bit of a haze to go fertalize the bushes. Made a wrong turn and walked straight into the wingtip extension on our C206. I woke up underneath the plane a few hours later, crawled into the hanger and passed out.
-Whuffo you sit on that couch all day?
Roger

I kinda hoped my leg would be OK to go jumping this evening, but it's not.
I'm going anyway, with close to perfect landings I'll survive, and it's not like I fly a VX 89 or sumthing, my Sabre 170 will be gentle on the knee (it's the back that worries me!)
One of the great quotes that was modified just before enterring the holy bible: In Sabre we trust.
Will jump for beer, bs AiRpollUtiOn