SkyDekker

Amazing Weekend!!!!!!!

I finally got to fly again.........
My weekend started with sneaking out of work early on Friday afternoon. I had just left the office 10 minutes, when I get a call from my secretary, telling me that the VP had called and was looking for me. Oops, so I call him on his cell phone. Turns out he just wants to tell me that I will be getting more responsibilities. Hopefully this will lead to more jump money as well........
Then Saturday I decided to drive out to the dz after spending a couple of hours at work. Didn't plan on jumping since the dz is waiting for the AADs for the student rigs to arrive.
I have 4 s/l jumps and was planning on doing PFF early this spring. I would ahve to do 1 or 2 IAD jumps, and then about 6 AFF style jumps.
As I am discussing this with the DZO early Sat afternoon, he says to me: Why don't you do a tandem or two this weekend, then you can TAF (Tandem accelerated freefall). Do these two tandems, then 4 aff style jumps, a hop-n-pop and you would be cleared for solo and our coaching program. Obviously my answer was a resounding HELL YESSSSSSS.
We ( there was someone else there for a tandem as well) go through the preperation/ground school part of the tandem. Funny enough I am not even that nervous, not even close to what I was last year for the s/l jumps. The dive plan is as follows: ARCH hard on exit, wait for the two thumbs up from the TM. COA and thums up, followed by 2 practice touches with alti check in between and after. Then turn initiated by the TM. Lock-on at 6k, wave at 5.5k and pull.
The ride up to altitude was like being in a sardine can. We were in a 182 with two tandem pairs. Both TM were around 6'2" and around 210 lbs. I am 5'11" and 195 and the other passenger was 6'3" and 205 lbs. plus one video flyer..... Can you say cramped......
We exit at 11,500, what a great view. Arch hard right at the Exit and went through the plan as practiced. It went great. Landing was a bit rough, but that could not lessen the incredible experience.
! hour later I was back in the air for my second tandem. This time the plan was as follows: exit, wait for thumbs up, COA, one practice touch, alti, left 360, alti, right 360, alti, track for 3 seconds if over 7K, lock-on at 6K, wave at 5.5K and deploy. A buse dive plan.
This time it was only four in the 182, so that was much better. We exited at 11,000K (-2C at altitude, 29F) and performed the dive plan just as practiced. overturned my first 360, but did better on the second. Initiated the track just above 7K and had a good canopy over our head by 4K. I then picke dthe holding area, decided on the pattern and flew it myself, to a softer landing this time...... I am finally home....
If the weather cooperates this coming weekend, I should get the 5 remaining jumps in to get cleared for solo and into the coaching program......
Then to top it all off, I checked my lottery ticket on Sunday to find out I had won $1,000. That certainly was a great ending to an even better weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue Skies
SkyDekker
"We cannot do great things, only small things with great love" Mother Theresa

That is great Sky! The fun is just starting! [sorry I missed this the first time]
BTW, was this the FIRST time you have won the lottery?! :D
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.

BTW, was this the FIRST time you have won the lottery?!

Yup, I owe beer for that, plus for my first tandem, plus the first time jumping at a new dz, etc etc, lotsa beer......
SkyDekker

The ride up to altitude was like being in a sardine can. We were in a 182 with two tandem pairs. Both TM were around 6'2" and around 210 lbs. I am 5'11" and 195 and the other passenger was 6'3" and 205 lbs. plus one video flyer..... Can you say cramped......

Did it take you half the day to get to altitude;)............Haha that does sound tight.
Sebazz........

Did it take you half the day to get to altitude............Haha that does sound tight.

Funny enough I was really surprised. I did not have a watch or anything, but it did not even seem like 20 minutes. More like 10 minutes.
SkyDekker