Muenkel

I made a flub.

I used a phrase that is extremely offensive to skydivers. I NEVER knew this. I see now the thread has been removed which I am thankful for.
Just one thing...I made it obvious when I realized I made the innocent flub, but some felt I committed an unforgiveable sin. Some of the comments were uncalled for. To the person who made the comment that I should "learn to skydive": you may not have read all the threads this past month, but if you did you would have known that if my uncle didn't pass away, and I wasn't injured in the wind tunnel during my AFF training and I wasn't in a car accident, I would already know how to skydive and on my way to my B license by now.
If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.
Chris

I can’t imagine anyone on this site getting offended very easy especially skydivers. I thought that we all were pretty tough to offend. I can’t imagine anyone that is considered an “addict” would have said anything with cruel intentions. I thought that all skydivers were pretty much a big family. can't belive that anyone is actually getting butt hurt over something like this...
can't we all just get along??
why jump when you can fly

Muenkel,
You are not the only one who is glad to see the thread removed, but judging from this post, you still don't get it!
What you posted goes beyond "flub", even if you didn't know any better. You owe at least one person a HUGE apology.
If YOU have been reading the threads this past month, you should know that we have lost friends, and others are badly hurt. You hit a nerve and pissed off a few people. Take your virtual lumps- you have them coming to you.
Everyone on this board has been extremely supportive and encouraging of you and your quest to learn how to skydive. Consider this incident just a part of the learning process. Let's move on.
maura

Well, Chris, foot-in-mouth disease is something that affects many people who aren't afraid to open their mouths.
I'm also curious what the thread was about, but if I never learn, I guess I'll live.
You said your apologies, the offended people may still be offended, but it sounds like you realize your mistake.
Lets move on.
Milo

Everyone,
Some of us who are work behind computers all day long lurk and post quite a bit on the site. We have fun with each other and answer questions that other people may ask. It may become an irratation to others to come here and see so many posts about nothing. It is called post whoring.
Muenkel is new to the skydive world and was "post whoring" for awhile and got a little excited. He through around a few terms that newbies to the sport do not know the true meaning of and he meant no offense.
The past two weeks have affected us skydivers quite a bit. We have come to understand the safety issues we must adhire to to stay alive and safe. Something that SkyBytch and Bill Von have maintained on these forums quite a bit. I am not saying that anyone was flying canopies out of their means at all but high performance canopies and low turns is the leading cause of injury and deaths in our sport at this day and age. We are all a little upset and concerned about each other right now.
Muenkel meant no disrespect from his post and has learned from it. I have learned that senseless post whoring is not only tiresome but annoying. As HH said, think about what you post!
My heart goes out to everyone here because we have lost a lot of loved ones the past two weeks. I am sending good vibes to everyone who is in the recovery process right now.
Muenkel, you are still very much a newbie into the world we all adore and you have a lot to learn. Respect the vibes around the areas you are be more concerned about learning now instead of post whoring. I need to do this too. You are forgiven and we will jump on. Your invited to join us! ;)