AiRpollUtiOn

Am I completely insane...

I lucked out that way in that I've been a really big football fan- Or a big fan of any major sport really - Until I discovered skydiving- Man - This sport has been so addicting- It wouldn't surprise me if my wife leaves me-- Good thing is it'll leave more time to jump!
Man I am so evil--

I think I'm in trouble... at first these kind of lists/warnings were funny. I thought, 'no, I won't get into it that deep. Just for fun.' Now I just think, 'yeah, sell it all and skydive!'
I've only been at this for a month, and already I'm
-Blowing off visits with friends, to go to the dz instead
-Arranging my life so that nothing else is happening on a weekend.
-When we sell our house, I'm assuming that I'll use some of the cash for my first rig. Okay, maybe a good chunk of the cash. Okay, maybe a lot ;)
-Looking for extra work, to pay for jumps.
-Annoying my old friends, and can't wait to see my new ones and talk skydiving!
And it all seems perfectly normal....:S

Whuffo you have an injury after only two jumps?
It took me 150 jumps to finally get mine.....
-two black eyes, spranged ankle, broke my tooth (molar) completely in half, and bruises and scratches down the entire left side of my body...... and yes there is video!
What happened to Turbo?
He was to slow so we......

Yup, after only 2 jumps.
Earlier this month I began AFF training and they started me with tunnel training. Well I pulled a nerve in my right shoulder, which is not pleasant. I am still unable to resume AFF. It will probably be another 4 weeks according to my Doc.
If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.
Chris

Sorry about the bad luck dude... :(
I was at the WFFC when I did mine, and I sat out for the rest of the day, but the next day I was out jumping again. I couldn't just sit on the ground at the WFFC ya know!!!
Hope you get back up soon!!
BLUE SKIES
What happened to Turbo?
He was to slow so we......

Hope you recover faster than foreseen muenk, question: do you stay at home now, or do you hang out at the DZ anyway???
A friend of made a little crash two weeks ago, just a hard landing on uneven terrain, sprained his ankle pretty bad, now he still hangs out at the DZ all the time, annoying the hell out of the rest of us, he's sitting on the terras all day long, offering everyone beers before sunset! quite funny though.
Will jump for beer, bs AiRpollUtiOn

-Blowing off visits with friends, to go to the dz instead
-Arranging my life so that nothing else is happening on a weekend.
-Annoying my old friends, and can't wait to see my new ones and talk skydiving!

check, check, check. yeah so i've got this skydiving problem too. i really manage to piss off tons of my old friends. see, i drive north 3 hours to jump, but rarely hang out with any of my friends up there because they are not at the dropzone. i'm feeling pretty bad about this email i just got...

So what's going on with you, man. I
see that you are in the new place. Cool deal man.
So do you jump all weekend, every weekend, or
will you have some time to chill out with us
someday?

this is from a buddy who moved to the east coast before i started jumping and now just moved back to within a half hour of my dz. i certainly can't tell him to piss off but i'm not too sure how long i can handle a guilt trip from him and his wife! i like hanging out with my whuffo friends everynow and then, but they have a real hard time understanding how hanging out with me is totally dependent on the weather conditions! :)--- wearing freefly pants is not a crime ---

lol I lost my second job that I took to pay for skydiving BECAUSE of skydiving... :)Oh yes, add this one to the list :
- Maxed out credit card paying for AFF, first rig and jumps, got personal loan to cover maxed out credit card, used personal loan to buy new rig, fly to Florida and collect and jump new rig. Got back and had maxed out credit card and personal loan to repay... :)"Look before you jump, don't die until you're dead"

Any improvements yet?
I'm in debt too, and jobless in 4 weeks :(
How can debt be sorted . . . . . . . . ?
Stop jumping - Not an option.
Win some money - Aint gonna happen.
Get a very well paid job - Unlikely.
Marry a rich man - Not interested in men for their money.

-Making sure I get the house chores done during the week so I don't have that stopping me on the weekend-
-getting really cheap haircuts so I have more $$ for jumps-
-Today I'm at work sorting through all my scrap stainless steel (which I just discovered sells for fiftten cents a pound, and accumulates rather quickly-) scrap brass, etc. to go on my account -
-I will pack for jumps-
-I may be in the market for a new woman-
-- "My wife says if I don't quit jumping she'll leave me- How's the spot look to you?"
-Can't take on a part-time job 'cuz it'll interfere with jumping-(Working OT is enough challenge-)
-No one at work asks what my weekend plans are- they already know-
-No one asks what I did over the weekend - they already know-
Ain't this such a wonderful sport!!
--D

OK, here is some of mine:
-I am having to rank order locations that I would like to live for my new job. I ranked them based on how many DZs the locations have.
-I am buying my new house based on its proximity to the DZ.
-While driving cross country in my small, crappy, Nissan truck my rig is in the front seat and all my clothes are in the truck bed.
-Emptied my 401K to pay for my rig.
-Sold all of my former hobby equipment to pay for my rig.
-My 3 year old son has the boxman and PRCP positions down exactly.
-My budegeted personal money goes completely to skydiving.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Yeah I can dig it!
-We plan on moving South at retirement time- I plan on making it convient to a DZ, in a desert location- No grass to mow, no snow to shovel-
-I never locked my truck until I started keeping my rig behind the seat- (Extended cabs are handy-)
-Haven't considered dumping my 401(k) --- yet-!
- I have several guns I rarely if ever use- I suppose I could get rid of them- I don't hunt anymore so---