AiRpollUtiOn

Am I completely insane...

or are there others out there who have:
-left their girlfriend because she cost about 3-4 jumps a week?
-sold their car for a cheaper one?
-stopped going out to party's where you need to pay to enter?
-took an evening job to get more airtime in weekends?
-and when that was going well took a job as a waiter in a discotheque for weekend evenings?
-done this kinda wicked sh?!@ to be the happy little skydive-puppy that can go up for a few extra jumps where others would take a look at their wallet and call it a day?
Skydiving is not just a sport, it's a way of life, or definitely a serious change from the way of life you had back in your whuffo-days.
Will jump for beer, bs AiRpollUtiOn

No your probably not insane, just have a severe addiction to blue skies and andrenaline - For instance, I have-
-Told my boss I was going to "recycle" a bunch of old motors we had sitting around and had no use for - I sold them on ebay to help pay for my new rig-
-I scrounge every bit of scrap copper, brass and stainless steel I can to help pay for jumps-
- Told my wife I was going up to the DZ to help pack while a bunch of folks practiced speed-stars - In reality I participated in my first three speed stars! (But I really did go up there to pack!)
-Whenever I tell my boss I need to cut out a little early he always assumes it's to go jump- (and is usually right-)
-People know that if they ask me what I did over the weekend they know what the answer will be-- (duh!)
-Whenever I get ANY extra cash in my hands it goes on my account-
- Work overtime whenever I can, but only if the weather sucks, to pay for jumps-
-I've even considered selling my bike, but stopped short of that - Nothing beats a ride to the DZ on a warm sunny day, other that the jumping!
-I know several folks who live at the DZ on weekends! (I would be too if I were single!)
SO - You're not alone!
Blue ones!
-D

O.k here goes.....
-spent all my savings on AFP and gear
-started making excuses to leave work early
-said I had a family emergency and had to leave work for a week ( I really went to the WFFC)
-started staying at the dz from Friday night to Sunday morning
-now I have no job....... and I am about to start working at the dz
-sold my old canopy so I could buy a plane ticket to go to the Canadian boogie in July
-I don't have any friends outside the dz anymore (no one wants to talk to me since all I talk about is skydiving)
-I can't date anyone unless they skydive (or else I won't have anything to say to them)
-I'm sure there are more, but , yeah I think I'm hooked
This sport is the best thing that has ever happened to me even though I lost all my other friends, have no money, no job all because I love to skydive ....... I have 1 year and 2 months in the sport and I am almost at 500 jumps!!!! That's how much I love it.
Blue Skies
Rachel :)-
What happened to Turbo?
He was to slow so we......

Well said Rachel, skydiving ruined my life too. Chromeboy warned me about it when I was starting IAF, but I just thought he was exaggerating. Now, fastforward 5 months, I have no job, no money, I am selling everything I own to jump, I annoy whuffo friends with all my skydiving talk, find a girly interested in me at a bar and manage to scare her off by suggesting she do a tandem, the list goes on and on...
Funny, I remember when I came down from that first tandem I commented on how it must be like crack, but with a shorter high, now I think it must be more like crack than I had originally imagined, with how it screws up your life
**Note, I have never tried crack, I'm just comparing by what they told us in school/what I see on TV...
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

Chromeboy warned me about it when I was starting IAF, but I just thought he was exaggerating. Now, fastforward 5 months, I have no job, no money, I am selling everything I own to jump, I annoy whuffo friends with all my skydiving talk, find a girly interested in me at a bar and manage to scare her off by suggesting she do a tandem, the list goes on and on...

Spy, I guess all I have to say is...Told you so!:)

Spy, I guess all I have to say is...Told you so!

Yes you did, I appreciate your warning. In hindsight, I wouldn't change a darn thing, except I would jump a hell of a lot more. Going to sell my other motorcycle next, and then probably the truck... :)--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

Oh, did I mention that when I quit my job, I cashed in my 401(k) and bought 100 jumps (since they are cheaper in pkgs)
Then got my income tax back a few months later and bought another 100 jumps.....
Now it's back to work since I used up all the jumps within a matter of months.
Had fun though! Wouldn't change it if I could.....
What happened to Turbo?
He was to slow so we......

my turn:
-sold my Jeep TJ for a VW Golf, figured the saving in gas to and from the DZ was equal to a jump, sweet!
-cashed in part of my 401k to buy my rig and jumpsuits FF&RW
-stopped watching TV instead watch skydiving videos
-people are unwilling to talk to me now that, each conversation ends up connecting to SKYDIVING.
I am so happy I am nuts!!!!!!

ask for an extension

It's usually more effective if you ask for the extension before April 15th.
"Mr. Jones, this court finds you guilty of tax evasion. Umm, may I now file for an extension?"
If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.
Chris

I sold my motorcycle to buy a rig. I don't drink as much on the weekends, so I wouldn't have a hangover when I jump. If I have any free time, I will rather spend it jumping than with my whuffow friends. I cut out of work early, and sometimes don't even go so I can jump. I took up a second job at the DZ to help me pay for this habit. I know that it is exactly 15.5 miles from my house to the parking lot of the DZ. I had a garage sale where I sold my video =games, my bycicle, my TV, and one of my guitars for AFP money......I'm not bitching though....it's 100% worth it.... yeee haaa!!!!
----------
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he doesn't exist!"

Yeah, Saturdays during football season are rough for me. If it is an Aggie away game I'll be at the DZ, with a radio listening to the game between loads. If its a home game, I'm not going to be out there until after the game. If it we won, I'll probably be out Sunday with a bad hangover...:D
Aggie Football is something that I don't generally compromise on! :)Aerials
So up high
When you free your lives (the) eternal prize

So then you would technically be out of a job???
Maybe you can get one at your DZ!!!
See I would love to work at a DZ, but I think I will have to move away from thiss shitty country, Belgium is just too small for skydiving, crappy weather too.
Does anyone have a beautyful sister/friend/daughter that doesn't complain when all the money is gone and that knows how to pack???
Would be nice to marry and get one of those famous green-cards!
Will jump for beer, bs AiRpollUtiOn