BrianM

Singer 143W2 Camatron conversion

The Sailrite's will not feed 5 cord if you are wanting to do actual harness work but they can push the needle through a few layers of parapack or a few layers of binding tape. Their biggest advantage is they can be ran with or without electricity which is why the sailing industry sells them, put them on a boat and you can fix your own sails if they rip.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hi jerolim,

From what I can tell that machine has a built-in motor, ala a household machine.

I seriously doubt any machine with a built-in motor will be capable of harness work.

I do know where there is a Consew SK-6 for sale though.

Drop me a PM and I'll put you onto the owner.

JerryBaumchen

PS) Are you wanting to build parachute harnesses? Or are you wanting to do repairs to parachute harnesses?

jerolim

What do you think about this machine for medium heavy duty jobs on harness ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2sdGz7C2aA&list=PL8F30F1F0E629B315

I have an LSZ-1 and like Eric said, it won't punch 5 cord. You MIGHT be able to get away with FF at best.

I did manage to push E thru several layers of Type-8 but it was straining pretty hard. Pushing E thru some parapack and maybe one or two layers of Type-8 would probably work, but that's asking for a lot.

Also, the feed dogs make it a pain in the ass to work with line. Oddly enough I bought my 143W2 after I had the Sailrite and it does a much cleaner job on any line work.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I am looking for versatile machine that can do most of repairs on container. It would be nice if it could repair harness also. As, I already own light machine for canopy patching. This is why LSZ-1 is interesting to me. If it can't use cord 5, and I can repair everything else with "E"- type it is also good for me.

Other things I have to consider are that LSZ-1 has a model with European motor (220 volts), and it is cheaper to ship to EU as I don't have to ship entire working table,...

I am looking for versatile machine that can do most of repairs on container. It would be nice if it could repair harness also.

Here you go;The Singer 144W:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-144W-Singer-20-Long-Arm-Sewing-Machine-/221255882433?pt=BI_Sewing_Machines&hash=item3383e0d6c1

These can sew E thread to 5 cord and has the smoothest walking foot action out there and has a very, very large hook and bobbin.

Here is a shorter version and looks to be in great shape.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/144W-10-heavy-walking-foot-sewing-machine-/221076062336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379290080[url]

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

JohnSherman

The 143W2 was a single throw (304) until it recieved the Cametron conversion to a double throw (308). The Cametron asdds the cam on the back and the mis-colored parts. Cametron is apparently the successor to Gelman as the conversion was known as a Gelman Mod. I have 2 of these. Their lift is low but they are fast and reliable.

Hey John, since you have a couple of these - does the stitch length adjustment do anything? Mine doesn't seem to change the stitch at all. I assume it's something to do with the conversion?
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg