rhino

Parachutes...... Talking bad shit on people.......

>If you don't have confidence in yourself that is fine, but don't
>go telling people that THEY WILL GET HURT it's just a matter of
> time.. That's bullshit.. That is bad form and shit talk at it's
> best..
It may be bullshit to you, but I would prefer living friends who have to put up with my bullshit than dead friends who don't. Five times I've told someone they were going to get hurt or killed, no question, and had them ignore me. One is now dead. One will never walk normally again. One broke his femur and learned good judgement. One broke his arm and the mother of his son forbade him to ever jump again, which (I think) saved his life. One got scared by seeing his friend in the hospital and learned.
Far more often, fortunately, they listened. One, Brett, was hooking like crazy, toggle turns that he pulled out by bottoming out his toggles. I told him he was going to seriously hurt himself unless he learned to fly his canopy. I told him what he was doing wrong. He didn't listen - at least, at first. A week later he broke his back. A year later he was jumping again, this time more willing to listen. And his failure was not a lack of skill - he recently came in first in the slalom event at the Perris swoop meet. It was a simple (but deadly) philosophy that he was not going to get hurt so he didn't need to heed the warnings.
So sorry to annoy you. I put the lives of my friends far, far above your peace of mind, and I will continue to tell them when their egos exceed their skills.
>If those same people were skilled enough to make that statement
>then they should be teaching not judging someone into the ground..
Hmm. I do teach people (around 1500 at last count) on everything from the FJC to leg turns to landing their first Stiletto. Some of those people post here. I make judgements on their canopy control, too, even though I do not usually jump a 2:1 loaded canopy. I find that usually they are immune to both teaching and advice unless they are willing to admit that they might, possibly, not be as good as they think they are.
>A little good form would be nice where that is concerned.. Don't
> you agree??
No. Saving someone's life takes precedence over political correctness, even if you have to be rude.
>I am not going to hurt myself.. And anyone who speaks that on me
>can kiss my ass...
I hope for the sake of your family and friends that you do not truly believe that you will never do anything that will result in your injury or death. That is one of the scariest philosophies that I know of in skydiving. And sorry, I'm not kissing your ass. If you don't want to hear what other people think of what you say here, don't post your opinions.

First of all I people giving me shit is nothing.. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I didn't start this thread concerning me at all.. I made a simple statement as to talking shit about people..

Personally I don't care what you think of me.. This isn't about me this is about skydivers exercising a little bit of good judgement when it comes to running off at the mouth about other skydivers. Constructive criticism is fine but shit talking about broken bones is not. I don't really care if ANYONE agrees. If you see someone doing something wrong then do what you can to get them in the right direction.. Others wise keep your own mouth shut and look in the mirror every once in a while :S

Rhino

Nope, gotta stay true to my brand. hein it is. Speaking of that brew, Perris keeps it nice and cold, in case you all didn't know that.....

Here I am, sitting in this HUGE parking lot.....Got here after Manifest closed, so drank instead......What the hell is wrong with you Cali people????? Grrrrrrrrrrr Beautiful late afternoon.....sunset load woulda been nice, but noooooooooo..... :)

Rhino...at ease Marine! I've kept myself from flaming anyone for the past year...but you are taking me over the edge! Back in March, you talked smack to Aggiedave about being too politically correct & how he didn't have a backbone & didn't know anything about leadership...meanwhile, you are getting defensive for someone being concerned about someone elses safety...and you're calling it bad form! No one wishes harm on anyone....when someone says...maybe u shouldn't be jumping a heavily loaded crossfire2...they are looking out for u...when they say someone is going to femur in...they're just out of things to say at that point....because that stubborn individual is not listening. In another post, you are arguing w/ Crossfire test pilots & national level swoop competitors about diging out of a corner using rear risers! I'm a baby to the sport w/ 105 jumps & I know not to try digging out w/ rear risers! When you make statements like that, you are potentially endangering people at my level of skill! Going back to Aggiedave...I think he will do just fine as a future Officer of Marines...as a CURRENT Marine w/ almost 9 yrs...I would neither want you in a fighting hole next to me...much less in my COMPANY; you're just too much of a loose cannon! I just hope you are never injured...look around and listen to others; we all have much to learn about this sport & life in general...I learned a long time ago that having an ego does nothing but hurt the individual. At some point, we all grow up & realize there are times to shut up, listen to others and learn...That's just my 2 cents!

Blue Sky & SEMPER FI!
Majdi