freeflir29

Am I alone here???

That is pretty bizarre, but then again, maybe it makes sense for a place with a 40% HIV infection rate. If 3-7 year olds learn about HIV and AIDS from Sesame Street before those of them not already infected hit puberty, maybe they'll have a chance.

Strange things for strange times.... :S

Good for sesame street... I don't think it's weird at all, and believe it can go a long way to help kids understand a very important issue.

Cool~
Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Yep....Like Bert and Ernie come out of the closet and expose their gay leather fetish to the world.......

Just because 2 grown puppets have lived together forever and sleep in beds right next to each other and sing about rubber duckys in the bathtub.....

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

The point of Sesame Street since its beginning has been to give real life kids strongly real life programming. Most TV is apparently intended to be watched by sitcom families with sitcom values and sitcom senses of humor.

Sesame Street on the other hand has always been about living in the inner city, poor, relying on yourself and your community, not the government or society. It's almost a how-to-survive manual for toddlers who don't live in large, white suburban single family homes with two parents, two siblings, and two dogs.

These kids have friends with illnesses and other troubles. It's an obvious (and astoundingly courageous) next step to include sick kids on the show.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Good for sesame street... I don't think it's weird at all, and believe it can go a long way to help kids understand a very important issue.

I'm with ya linz.... Seseme Street has always been on the cutting edge of acceptance and education. This is no different then when they put afircan american kids on the show 30 years ago.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.