Shark

Two strange days

Thought I'd post this here because nobody checks the CReW stuff.

So this weekend was the CRazy CReW weekend in Perris. I jump a Spectre 170 and was going to use a Lightning 160. Well, they looked at the wing loading and switched me to a 143 lawndart in somebody else's container. I decided to wrap my altimeter to my chest strap. So, I exited and pulled, then WHACK! The canopy snapped open and the altimeter nails me on the lips and teeth. (Lesson: move altimeter back to wrist.) Jump #2, non-event. Jump #3, 3rd out and 2 second delay. Nice opening, only 180 and I'm staring at Jason closing fast! I grab the left rear riser and lift my legs and woosh! Passed each other without incident. Jump #4, switched canopies and put a 143 in the Frankenrig. Took the Lightning out of the storage bag, hooked it up and jumped. Okay, now I've done this before, but I'm the one who put it in the storage bag when it worked in the past. I exit 4th with a nice opening and it felt funny. I looked at the risers which were all twisted. On the proper side, but twisted. I briefly thought about chopping, but the canopy was flying well. I released the brakes and did a control check. It flew great. I looked at the wedge and it was almost built. I sashayed over and closed up the diamond, we broke down and re-built another diamond, broke and did a 4 stack. Then we got low and I started to concentrate on the landing. A little front riser dive, flared and did the butt slide. Jump #1 today, front riser kept slipping out of my hands. Need dive blocks. Jump #2, docked 8th on the stack and got CCS. Landed on butt again. Jump #3, first out and pin for another 8 stack. Cliff docks on me, then Doug comes in pretty hot and WRAPS Cliff. Canopy is gone and Doug is hanging backwards looking up. I can barely see Cliff as he is completely covered like a burrito. Doug doesn't chop and I see movement from Cliff as he is able to breath. I look down again and I see Doug's canopy flying and docked 4th. Fuckin' A. Pretty wild. Then the other guys docked and we waited for Dean to get his CCS/CCR. Too much swinging and he got an air bath. But I stood this one up on landing! The last jump wasn't too exciting. Just attempted some off-sets. But slid again.

Later,

Shark

BTW, nice to see the gang at Perris! See y'all in Elsinore for the SSL!

Lesson: move altimeter back to wrist.)

I thought that was generally bad, to have a wrist mount on while doing CReW. It could get caught up in lines on a wrap or something crazy like that. Am I off base here?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."