Darkzone

Dreams and their meanings

This is a recurring dream that my brother had which got so bad and scared him so much that he had to receive medical treatment to try to stop them. I p*ss*d myself laughing when he described it to me and seriously upset him. See what you think:

My brother had parked up his truck to make a delivery and was walking away from the cab towards the trailer when he heard the engine start.

He ran back to the cab and looked inside only to find Skippy the Bush Kangaroo sitting in the driver's seat which a Bontempi keyboard on his lap.

Skippy looked up at my brother, tutted a couple of times and then played a crashing chord on the Bontempi before driving off.

In another dream Skippy is trying to strangle my brother with the 'suzies', the air lines that connect the cab to its trailer!

Weird!!:S

Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

Dreams are just random access of long term memory. An attempt to interpret them is foolish.

I agree, but...Skippy...Bontempis...attempted murder by a kangaroo?!:S And I'll bet Ed Deveraux was hiding in the pouch.

Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere.

I DEFINITELY believe dreams have meaning. However, I don't think it's anywhere near easy to figuring out exactly WHAT they mean.

I have very vivid dreams EVERY NIGHT. One night, I had a dream, while I was shopping to buy a home w/ my boyfriend, a black bat fell from the ceiling and landed on my boyfriend and he threw it at me. It landed on my shoulder and did not want to get off. I wasn't scared of the bat, at all. I just was worried he would get hurt and I tried to put him outside. However, when I opened the door outside, the bat did not want to leave my shoulder and refused to get off me.

When I tried to decipher what this dream meant, I looked up "bats." It said if you dream of a black bat, it means someone close to you will die or you will experience an extreme personal trauma. So of course, the fact that in my dream, my boyfriend was the one who threw the bat on me, made me quite mad. Jokingly, I yelled at him all day, "YOU THREW THE BAT ON ME AND NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE EXTREME PERSONAL TRAUMA."

Obviously, I don't believe that I deciphered the dream correctly. I think each person is different and for a person who might be afraid of bats, it might mean what I looked up. However, I'm not afriad of bats and wasn't afraid of it in my dream, so I"m sure it means quite another thing.

My point is, while dreams DO have meaning, in my opinion, don't bother too hard trying to decipher them b/c 99% of the time, you'll probably do it wrong.