howardwhite

LawnDart21 Tandem

"That's why they put the students on the front - so the instructor doesn't hurt himself. "

Ideally so, but we had a really experienced tandem master further injure his knee today because the student didn't pick up her legs enough.

Every day I remind myself why I would never be a tandem instructor. But I'm grateful to those who are .. they feed and majorly pay for our sport.

HW

Thanks Howard! It was a busy weekend, getting all 10 evaluation jumps in, but I finished up on Sunday's sunset load with #10, so I'm done with Phase 2. I couldn't have asked for a better instructor than in Keith LaRivierre. What an experience the course was. (And thanks Goose for riding shot gun on both those Level 3s!) I'm now officially cleared to take students!

I owe so much beer for this weekend that I am buying a keg for our Casa Boogie at Skydive Pepperell on Saturday night.

All I can say it that this whole tandem expeirence has reaffirmed my belief that we, as skydivers, are the luckiest people on and above the earth.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

"I couldn't have asked for a better instructor than in Keith LaRiviere. "

Keith is awsome. Strong and Racer tandem examiner. Master Rigger. AFF (and SL) instructor. Jump pilot.

All on weekends. He has a real job.

His sister is Nancy LaRiviere of Jump Shack, multi-time US team S&A member and the babe in the red latex jump suit on the Jump Shack poster. I did a 16-point two way with her last summer, dirt-dived in the airplane.

HW

"but, damn, I still need a camera!"

I think they're still for sale:P

HW

I've got a line on a used, first generation JVC Mini DV. Good enough to play around with for now. All I have left to do is try and figure out how to come up with the extra $150.

, first generation JVC Mini DV

Don't do it!!! If you plan on skydiving with it....Don't. I have seen at least three JVC's that just plain broke. The internal parts just won't hold up to skydiving.

But, but, but.... Where am I gonna get a Sony for that price!?!?!?! ($150)

Agree about JVCs; I've trashed a couple. Same with Canon.

There's a reason you can get it for $150.

I see, and I understand. Well, nix the cheap camera bit, and nix the camera bit totally for awhile..... Gonna need a bunch o' cash....might as well get a top o' the line Sony right away.

Let's see, by the time I can afford that it'll be about 2005.....[:/]