mandr4ke

Great 1st and 2nd Tandem at Skydive Chicago

Hey all, just wanted to say i finally got over to SDC and had an awesome time doing my First Two Tandem's today.. And was actaully going to do a 3rd one too.. hehe
Thanks to both Charles and Wade.. the Tandem Masters.. I feel bad though.. I had a cooler full of heineken in my Trunk and was planning to Stay for the Bonfire.. but after that 2nd tandem my left ear started bothering me alot from the air pressure, and i just got over a sinus cold.. And thought everything was normal.. i had a really killer headach that wouldn't go away after 3 hours.. and it was still pretty early.. i feel much up to sitting around another several hours in pain.. But never fear.. As soon as it passes.. I will be signing up for the AFP =) And I always try to keep my word so i hope you guys will happily take a Rain check =) And i'll be back soon.. Even if i have to cut my ears off.. haha just kidding =) well maybe.. hehe (It's not serious.. so no worries)
Skydive Chicago is a very nice place, and no one should take the bad Rap it has to heart until they check out the place them selves.. Rock on.. and Hope to meet More SkyDive Chicago People!!
Mike G

Great feeling isn't it? I did my third tandem last week, and still haven't gotten over the thrill! I hope your ear feels better soon. Trying to decide when and if I can afford AFF or SL! Not only that but having enough $ left over to jump with!!!!!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Thanks man, I hope for a quick fix soon aswell.. although i do ahve a history if Ear Infections.. My ear isn't close to a Blown, or Infected ear.. just a bit of throbing.. casuing a headach.. doh.. wonder if theres anything i can do before a jump to help..
Yeah i'm still looking into all the costs and stuff.. Renting.. getting my own gear.. Classes.. Wow so much stuff to check out and look over after a Tandem.. I just want to flyyyyyyyy.. heheh =) But Safety First..

Mike,

Congrats and welcome to our skydiving family. Now, as you will soon become aware I'm a bit of a safety bitch (not the real Bytch). Remember the little section on the waiver when it lists "any medical problems." You need to take this very seriously since this is a world you are unacustomed too. Altitude can effect you in ways you haven't thought about. At least tell your AFP JM (jump master) if you have anything that has effected you in the past week or so. Let them talk you through if it might effect your performance or safety. Sinus infections, ear blocks, other sporting injuries, and over the counter medication can all have an effect.

Hope your ear gets well soon today. If you continue to have pain in your ear you may want to seek the advice of a medical professional. We at SDC want you back soon to jump. But NOT before you're ready medically. B|

Chris Schindler

Mike,

Congrats and welcome to our skydiving family. Now, as you will soon become aware I'm a bit of a safety bitch (not the real Bytch). Remember the little section on the waiver when it lists "any medical problems." You need to take this very seriously since this is a world you are unacustomed too. Altitude can effect you in ways you haven't thought about. At least tell your AFP JM (jump master) if you have anything that has effected you in the past week or so. Let them talk you through if it might effect your performance or safety. Sinus infections, ear blocks, other sporting injuries, and over the counter medication can all have an effect.

Hope your ear gets well soon today. If you continue to have pain in your ear you may want to seek the advice of a medical professional. We at SDC want you back soon to jump. But NOT before you're ready medically. B|

Chris Schindler

Thanks for the Info.. I'll defently make sure i'm good to go before i do anything. I'm not on any medications, although last week i was a little congested it did pass this week and i was feeling great for the jump..

I'll defently see a doctor if it doesn't feel better, and for the mean time i do have some decongestets. But i've also floan on many air planes over the years with no problems.. so i'm hoping it just a small getting useta something new.. But i'll keep open mind and make sure everything is good..

But i've also floan on many air planes over the years with no problems.. so i'm hoping it just a small getting useta something new..

big difference between flying in an airplane and freefalling down for 2 miles at 120+ mph....your ears sometimes can't keep up especialy if you are sick with a head cold or sinus's are blocked up. this is why we never recomend anyone jump if they've had a cold recently. you do NOT want a blown out ear drum. ask my GF about that one....:)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

(not the real Bytch).

LOL! Nope, he ain't the real bytch... that would be me ;)

Welcome to the sky Mike! B|

Thanks, Happy to be up there =) And can't wait to get back!!
Feeling much better so now it's time to sign up for AFP.. =)

Hmm for AFP, do you usualy rent the gear while you take the classes?
Still not sure how all of that works...

But i've also floan on many air planes over the years with no problems.. so i'm hoping it just a small getting useta something new..

big difference between flying in an airplane and freefalling down for 2 miles at 120+ mph....your ears sometimes can't keep up especialy if you are sick with a head cold or sinus's are blocked up. this is why we never recomend anyone jump if they've had a cold recently. you do NOT want a blown out ear drum. ask my GF about that one....:)

Ahh. yeah i do understand.. Hmm I guess i'll just play it by ear =) maybe give it a week or two longer.. just to be safe.. i'd take to blow it out.. But it's kinda weird figureing out everything.. since i'm still new to this.. =) I remember seeing someone jumping with ear plugs.. wonder if those would help at all.. hehe

Hmm for AFP, do you usualy rent the gear while you take the classes?
Still not sure how all of that works...

This is included in your jump price. the gear that SDC uses is second to none. sabre 2's are so fun to jump.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....