TheBile

Disturbed

It's not often that a band releases a follow up album that is better than the first. It's not often that every single track on a CD is just as good as the last. It's not often that a CD challenges the top spot for my best album ever (currently held by Metallicas 'Black' album and Pink Floyd's Pulse.) but Disturbed's latest release has done all those things. IT ROCKS ! ! ! And I'm not talking about the pansy-ass white rock that you find in Dover that crumbles at the first sign of water erosion. I'm talking about the tough, Limestone stuff that stands up in the face of a nuclear blast and gives it a big FU with two fingers held up high.
This album has so much energy from start to finish that your ear drums will need extra exercise just to listen to it. If you thought the first album was good, or even if you've never heard it, then you have to listen to this one.
Whether it will take my top spot only time will tell. I don't know whether it will have the longevity that the aforementioned top two has, but it's looking good so far.
Disturbed : Believe is out in the shops now. What has this got to do with Skydiving ? Well, I would love to listen to just one track off that album during a freefall. It's perfect for it.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Pulse wasn't technically an album. It was a collection of live sets from their Pulse tour.

There's also no way that anything that Disturbed or Metallica could even conceptualize doing would be as good as Pink Floyd's music. It's like comparing sand castles to the Sears tower. ;)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

I'm going to see Korn with Disturbed opening...Can't wait.

You lucky git ! I have to wait until they get off their arse and fly over to the UK for a gig. No plans for that yet as far as I can tell.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

There's also no way that anything that Disturbed or Metallica could even conceptualize doing would be as good as Pink Floyd's music

Agreed. Every Floyd song has so many layers, and they flow from one to the other seamlessly. They were absolutely brilliant.

And people talk about dark lyrics these days. Roger Waters wrote some of the darkest stuff I've ever heard. Way way darker than anything coming out now (though Aaron Lewis of Staind writes some pretty good stuff... but still not on the level of Waters).

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Yeah Disturbed is cool , but there is alot of stuff thst I personally like better and I agree that you just can't even compare them to Floyd. I've seen Disturbed about six times they put on a pretty good show . I saw them at Oz fest right before Marilin Manson which by the way was one of the coolest stage shows I've ever seen and I'm really not a Manson fan . I gotta say i would definitely go see his show again. I could go on foreveer with the music thing so going to shut up now.

Jay

A friend turned me onto disturbed about 1.5 years ago. I was knocked out. I just got back and CAN NOW go find the new album. I hear the radio song but we all know that the radio song isnt the best when it come to a GOOD band.

BTW,
CLAY, If I could I would finish strangling the singer to System Of a down....How the hell did this guy get a record deal?
it sounds like someone started to choke him but never finished...even for that style of music it is NOT good!
My photos

My Videos

ok right after I posted my last post here. I went out and bought the "believe" cd.
That is one piece of good music.(not to mention the production...even good music would suck if it isnt produced and engineered properly)
I love the way the drums kick you in the face!( i didnt even look but It sounds like the same guys who produced "Vulgar display of power" for pantera!
My photos

My Videos