fool

my justification...

as some of you may have noticed, there have been a lot of messages typed at this desk in the last 24 hours or so. I think I may have some reasoning for this...I have been toying with the idea of quitting smoking for quite a while now, as cigarettes now cost 10 dollars a pack (yes, thats about 3 jumps per week @ 1 pack per day!) and are going up to 14 in the very near future. The last day or so has been my first legitimate attempt at not smoking whatsoever. I figure that, due to the lack of something to do with my hands, I've been putting some extra Kms on the old keyboard to keep em busy...now if I could only find a gir....I mean...something to satisfy the oral fixation....:)

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

cigarettes now cost 10 dollars a pack

yeah but that is like Canadian money and we all know that kind of money isn't even real. hehehe

Seriously, quit.... it should be a life saving experience.

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Stop whining! In Norway a pack costs 63NOK.
That is 8.5USD and 13.5CAD.
Will they rise the price to 14CAD. Wow, Canada is actually going to have higher cigaret prices than Norway!
However, over here a pint of beer at a bar costs 6 USD...[unsure]

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's expensive beer!

I wasn't whining, just justifying my excessive posting in the last little while for all of those people who are like..."where the hell did this guy come from?" hehehe

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

And really, let's get down to what actually does matter...How much are jumps, and how high?

The dz I'm at is 26 CAD, to 9500 in a cessna 182

S.E.X. party #1

It's better to have an obsession than an addiction. Give up the addiction for the obsession and the obsessed will no longer be addicted to the addiction. Better to be among clouds of moisture than clouds of smoke. Better to die through impact than die through lung cancer. Addiction : BAD --- Obsession : GOOD.
Addition
Alcohol is excluded from addiction label, as BEER is essential to all good skydivers.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

[#003366]I wasn't whining, just justifying my excessive posting in the last little while for all of those people who are like..."where the hell did this guy come from?" hehehe

[/#003366]Ok, it's me that's whining :o
Anyway, jump tickets are about $16 - $20 to 13000' depending on where and when. Jump tickets aren't the most expesive here, it buying the beer that costs the big bucks:S. Hah, I've spendt more than $250 on cases this summer :D, but it's been a great summer. B|B|B|

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Alcohol is excluded from addiction label, as BEER is essential to all good skydivers.

Nooooo, beer is essential to ALL skydivers. Why else do we buy Beer for bones and chops and gross safety violations not causing injury or death...B|.

Perhaps someone would argue that Beer makes us "better" skydivers because the more we have bought and consumed, the more "experienced" we are, he he

The Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Jeez, that's expensive. Even in Canadian dollars, that's still, what, 6.00 american? When I quit in 1998, it was immediately before the big push to tax the hell out of cigarettes. I remember being offended if I had to pay more than $1.70 for a pack of Marbs... I'm far too young to be saying, "Those were the days..."
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

That However, over here a pint of beer at a bar costs 6 USD...

damn!!! what are you drinking? ambrosia straight from the gods??? even in new york city a pint of GOOD beer at an average pub costs $4-5. if you know the right places to go, you can find a $4 guinness.
spiral out...keep going...

You Fool, you...
Hey I quit smoking 3 or 4 times before I truly quit (for good?)! Stressful times make it tougher to quit. But with prices rising thru the roof, no way am I gonna cave in to buy cigs again.
Maybe try to do something that mimmic's the inhaling- ya know, deep breathing- I think that is what is so relaxing about smoking- in addition to the nicotine of course. Personally, I really like doing yoga and walking&hiking really quickly. But then again, that's me.
And by the way, (Cessna) jumps where I'm jumping at are $15.00USD when you have your own equipment.
Good Luck to you!